1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid dialogues/scenes in Serials

Discussion in 'TV' started by Nandhita, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lalitha ma'am

What they show in serials are just director's imagination..As it is being said that one's imagination knew no bounds, serial directors here in Chennai have got over imagination power:mrgreen: ..this is the problem n nothing else..They do enjoy exaggerating things..They think there is nobody to question them.. Of course that is true..They are on the safer side..Most of the house wives here will go in for a strike if serials are banned:lol:

The sufferings they project in serials may be true to some extent but not totally. Who is ready to bear all that in todays world unlike serial heroines who sacrifice everything for others happiness? Serials are all just soaps..Made for stealing others precious time.

If u ask me, i would say, Chennai is the safest city for girls when you compare it with other metropolitans..

Regards
    Meena

2. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Ontra iranda eduthu cholla^^^^^^^^^
    All serials are crapbonk

3. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Anandam irritates me on many levels.

I don't know if anyone remembers this episode from 2004. I remember it so clearly because it got me FURIOUS!

Shanthi (Sukanya) discovers that Madan has a mistress by accident. Madan immediately rushes home and asks Shanti to talk to him privately. I thought this b1tch would BLAST him for daring to take a mistress when he had such a loving wife in Abhirami. This was before anyone knew that Abhirami had evil ideas for the family.

Madan tells her "Shanti don't take this wrong. Rohini was my lover before my father forced me to marry Abhirami. Poor Rohini even left her house to be with me. MOREOVER, ABHIRAMI HAS NO CHILD, AND I HOPE ROHINI WILL GIVE THIS FAMILY AN HEIR!"

HEIR? What are you - the British royal family?

Shanti looks at him dumbly and nods her head! I felt like smashing both their heads, esp. Madan's. Then, Shanti justifies the affair to Rohini saying "Akka (Abhirami) has no child, so I can understand Madan Maama's love and interest in staying with you!"

I wanted to slap Shanti and beat the living daylights out of her. She also has no biological child with Karthik, so can Karthik have a mistress? I think these directors are all idiots and they are perpetrating misogynistic beliefs (no kid? = Wife's fault, so husband can remarry or have a mistress).

I am a housewife but I will never watch any Sun TV serials. They are full of BS and hateful toward women.

4. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Come, Meena and Malyatha, we will direct a serial in which children will chant slokas, respect elders, only ladies will hit men, women will have decent men friends other than their husbands, husbands will cook and do housechores, after coming from office,...etc......:idea all MILS will treat their DILS as their own daughters...:cheers

5. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

I am not interested in goody-goodiness. I am merely interested in ensuring that illicit affairs, bigamy and and infidelity are NOT shown as the norm, but rather, as the illegal, immoral exception.

6. vkswamy

vkswamy New IL'ite

Hi all!

I totally agree with Ms Malyatha. One of the worst serials of all time - (is there anyone who actually wasted their time with this trash?) - was "Kannavarukku aga". After a hard day's work, I would relax in front of the TV after putting the kids to bed, only to be faced by the most ridiculous show with THE MOST RIDICULOUS dialogue.

I vote this one the WORST EVER, and "Kavyanajali" a close 2nd.

Anyone agree?

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sreshta,
    My best wishes to u.....especially emphasising good things.......Carry on dear..

Dear malyatha,
    What u said is 200% right.Even i had responded with a bit of irritating dialogues in anandam.(previous post)....
    In serials they will justify all the activities of the heroine.Her meaningless dialogues,the reason for choosing a second partner.It is unbelievable that someone(x or y) will never convince for any one and he will not at all respond.But suddenly when the heroine of the serial say atleast a word then immediately he(x or y) will nod his head and carry on .Atlast all praises,appreciations will go to the heroine.This is what going on in all serials.

Regards
    BC

8. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Humorous posts... :)

Nothing can top the famous dialogue from the first of the mega serial series....JUNOON. The tamil dubbing for hindi dialogues was really hilarious. For eg. a character says,"Mudiyaadhu solren nee sonnay kelvikku", "Varaya inge ippo naan solren" Big Laugh

9. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

interesting thread.i dont have the patience to watch most of the serials.they are a pain.i think kana kaanum kalangal is different .atleast nobody keeps crying.simple dialogues.

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good. I never watch serials.....