study partner

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by srilak, Feb 6, 2007.

1. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI,

I am preparing for Toefl which is prerequisite for my pharmacy licence. I already passed my licence exam and stuck with Toefl. If anyone preparing for new Toefl IBt please give me a mail.

Regards
    srilak.

2. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Hi Srilak,

I gave TOEFL a couple of years ago before I came to this country. It is pretty simple and straightforward and thus is high-scoring too! I remember that I had prepared for it in a couple of days and all I did was give the sample exams they have on the preparatory CD. You may want to go through accent training websites incase you find it hard to follow American style of speech.

Additionally, I do not know if they have a different format of testing, and if they do, I am sorry I may not be able to contribute much. In any case, shoot me with questions and I shall be glad to help u with whatever I know about the same.

3. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI Shal,

Thanks for the reply. But now they changed the format. New format has speaking section too. For my licence I need highest score in that section. I can speak english properly with American accent but getting the low score in speaking section. For that I need a partner to practice speaking qs.

Thank you.

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

Even i am biochemist and am planning to take up the test. shd i take up GRE/TOEFL. people say that i shd go for GRE. I find it very hard to do with math.

Regards
    san

5. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI,

What is the reason for u take those exams? If u like to study in an american universities then u must take those exams. I think u can prepare for GRE yourself. Prepare atleast 3-4 months then u will get the required score. Don't worry about TOEFL al all because most of the universities ask u only 80-95 score. That score u can easily achive with the new TOEFL IBt test. So go ahead and prepare for the tests. First try it then if it is hard u can choose other option. Give it a try.

Regards
    srilak

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Srilak

i started preparing for GRE but then i didnt continue, hmmmm i have to start agn.

thanks