1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck...

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by peartree, Jul 27, 2012.

1. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

It happens more often than we think peartree. Do not worry. Sometimes the stress of being a mother can also beat us down.

My suggestions would be:
    1. Take a holiday. Go for a week to some peaceful place where you dont have to visit places. Just idle about and relax and come back with energy.
    2. Get yourself a new hair cut. Works for me always :)
    3. I know you are into carnatic music. Have a carnatic evening out and listen to all of your fav songs with a nice cup of tea.
    4. If nothing works, let me know. I will arrange for a small meetup with your musician crush. Maybe that would light your spirits up ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

makeuplover.... I went to get my eyebrows done today (which is a usual, 3 weekly thing) and I remembered your post! So I went ahead and bought a bottle of bleach, something that I have been wanting to try for a long time, but never got around to doing it. Thanks!!! I think a makeover will make me feel good!!

GodisOne and FoundLove, thanks for the suggestions to volunteer. I remember I used to volunteer at the local library when I was new to the US and on a dependent visa. I used to feel so nice. I should start doing it again.

Mommybird... aah.... holiday just to relax... I wish!!! But with my bug of a husband, most of our vacations end up being marathons to visit as many places as possible that I end up feeling even busier than a normal day!

Envisioning a music filled evening with a cuppa can be worked out, definitely :) Will pack the husband the little one to Costco/ grocery shopping or something like that :)

Aaah.. meeting with my musician crush.. now wouldn't that be just the perfect break to my monotony :) though I probably run the risk of being thought as a stalker or something :)

1 person likes this.
  3. makeuplover

makeuplover Silver IL'ite

Hi peartree, wonderful to know that you started trying new things. Keep doing it and when you have a new haircut or adopt new style in dressing suddenly a feel of freshness comes in. And when people ask you abt it you feel even better. You can refer to makeup and beauty blogs to have some fun!

4. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Take a break may be?

May be it only SEEMS like that. May be it isn't true. :)

Most of the times, it all comes down to projections. Seriously! What people project they do IS NOT NECESSARILY EQUAL TO what they actually do.

Used to go through it occasionally, but it is just a passing phase. It happens with everyone. Life can get so hectic at times managing professional and personal front, that it feels like you are living the same day everyday. But then it never like that forever. It is just a temporary phase, that sometimes does not even last more than a few hours. Something as simple as a holiday or just a cup of hot coffee can bring back your mood to normal. :)

Allowed :coffee to take care of it. ;) Nah, just kidding. Time took care of it. :) Good luck! Oh and BTW if you get a chance, do watch 'Groundhog Day'.

5. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Here is one more idea, once a fortnight just drive car randomly to some place which you have not seen.... which can be like a lake or any park which is new... ... Just see the blue thingy on the google maps and set your gps to that place. go sit there do nothing... an hour or two and then head back home.

Ofcourse take DH and kid also...

2 people like this.
  6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Go for facials, it is so relaxing. Haircuts/makeover is also a good idea. Play songs randomly from youtube and relax. Do not aim to get any output of whatever you do and get disappointed if you arent satisfied. Just have zero expectations and whatever joy you get will be a bonus.Try some sport.

7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Is it time for another kid?????????????? :)

Then you will not have time to think all these .Just kidding