1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck in puzzle... Help me solve it.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Comments 7 Views 70
    Comments 7 Views 86
    Comments 10 Views 132
    Comments 1 Views 126
    Comments 9 Views 196
    Trying to figure out this puzzle..
    If you couldn't make out , above are some of the blog post stats I see in my blog.
    If someone would takeout their important time to go through or atleast glance the Blog post, then why not comment on it and add your view. Knowledge transfer can never be one way, its got to be two way. If we keep imbibing other's thoughts and never say out ours. We may suffer from holding our views.

Lemme scratch my head to figure out why..
    -- May be people didnot like what they read. So they thought why bother with replying.

-- May be they are not memeber of the site, so they dont want to go through the hassle of signing up and jotting down their comment. Faster is click to next blog.

-- May be they dont have opinion about the topic in concern.

-- May be they are introvert type and dont say anything until asked.

-- May be they are in hurry, replying reduces the content one can go throug otherwise.

I cannot think any more reasons. Help me you mysterious viewer to solve this puzzle. Take out time to answer this one . I will figure out the rest..

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ria,

Until I started blogging I was one of the so called mysterious group who visit the blogs but never bother to leave a comment.
    I was active in forums. So it was not due to lack of interest in replying.
    Most of the times I felt bloggers were a special breed who knew more than we did. So we don want to leave a one line comment saying it was gud. So instead of taking time to think and write sumthng tht suits n compliments the post without it being too short r too lenghthy was a tough task in itself.
    Sometimes our opinions differ and we don probably feel like posting that n letting others know we differ. Sometimes as u said its the hurry to read as much as u can inthe time spent. But now after I started blogging I understand the concept of blogging better. it s a two way communication rather than a monologue. Even now iam going thru old blogs but I leave comments only on realtively new ones. Anyway we thoroughly enjoy the reading experience. We shud be more thoughtful n leave a comment so that the blogger ll also feel happy as she made us happy.

Regards,
    CC

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

CC,

Beautiful and thoughful reply. It does give me some insight into the might of mysterious viewer. Welcome to blogging by the way.
    Ria

4. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Hey Ria,

Personally I have read couple of blog posts but didn't comment cos my opinion/thought was already posted by another ILite! Besides, I love to leave comments :)

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

That was a useful statistics.
    I ll add to your possible reasons for absence of comments. Maybe people find it too long. When we start writing, long posts are preferred, only when readers know about the writer.

All the reasons you have written hold true. Sometimes they act in combination.
    There is a forum discussion on this for bloggers in the FORUM section. There are some problems we came out with. Do visit it sometime . It s under "IL Bloggers"

6. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Hi Ria

Really very interesting and true. I have been able to post replies to most blogs threads but sometimes there is just nothing you can add to or say - i guess. Its just like getting a point of view without comment. Maybe viewers can leave a no -comment tag or good read tag.
    But really kudoos to all of you who bring out such interesting opinions and points of view. It really is food for thought and shows us another perspective of the same thing.
    All the best and will look out for more writings from all of u and one day join you all too.
    best wishes
    preethi

7. anukvs

anukvs Senior IL'ite

Would love to post a comment...
    but most of the time.. i end up reading almost all entries.. but no FB from my side... Not justifying my action.. but the reasons are
    1. Most of the time i try to catch up on IL from office. during lunch and would like to read most of them,
    2. Since I read from office and almost every entry has a response, my thoughts are already captured, i just skip the responding bit
    3. Saving time by not responding..can read few more entries..

However, all said and done, if there is a blog and a FB that has not covered my views i definitely post my views.

Anu

8. gollisoda

gollisoda New IL'ite

Im sure you must have used youtube at some point? How many videos have you watched vs commented vs uploaded?