1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stubborn Blackheads

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Sri2196, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

hi ladies!!!
    I have blackeheads on my nose that wont go away with scrubbing routine. Pls suggest ways to get rid of this thing

creativemumma likes this.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

One way is regular clean up in parlour ,covering face whenever you are travelling because pollination is one the culprits. In between cleanups it needs regular maintenance. Like a very good face wash. Immediately after face wash you need to use a toner . Toner gives that extra cleansing . After a tonner a good moisturizer is a must. I use body shop toner and moisturizer. It has really brought a difference to my face and helped me in controlling black heads .

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I tried a couple of methods that worked, though they looked and felt crude. You may try them.

1. Steam the face or only the nose using a warm towel. Prepare a mixture of basic white toothpaste and baking soda in equal proportions. Apply over your nose liberally and with a soft toothbrush or a turkey towel gently brush the nose clockwise and anticlockwise for a while and wash well. You will notice that most of the stubborn blackheads would have vanished. This treatment might burn or irritate your skin a bit but the results are satisfactory. The skin recovers in a day.

2.Steam your nose and dry the skin using a napkin. Apply a thick layer of Fevicol (yes, you read it right!) on the nose and let it dry. It may take up to 20 minutes. Then peel it off the way waxing is done, it helps to pull out quite a bit of blackheads and clean the skin. If you use it over your face, it pulls out the peach fuzz too (with a very little pain or irritation that is bearable. :fearscream::smile: :cheer::cheer:Smell is the main irritant.:confused::cool:

Don't forget to patch test before use.
    After the treatment, you may use some antibiotic cream to sooth and settle the skin.

shravs3 and Sri2196 like this.
  4. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

Try Body Shop face washes. Those r really good. I had milia problem in summers and I started using the Seaweed exfoliating face wash and within few washes it vanished. Now I don't even use the face wash every day. Just once a week and it never reoccurred.

5. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Even I'm looking for a solution - black heads and white heads around my nose

I tried scrubbing and Fevicol too..may be I should do frequently

6. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

The charcoal mask available in market now is seemingly good. I used gelatin powder mixed with milk for my face and it did wonders. Removed all the gunk........

creativemumma likes this.
  7. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

8. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Update: i finally got rid of the the pesky blackheads and whiteheads after following a routine religiously.

I got the the face shop jeju volcanic scrub foam ehich did a pretty good job in cleaning the pores.

Also applied turmeric almost everyday mixed with curd before going to bed which removed all the dirt.

One thing i learned is to follow a routine regularly to see results.

shravs3 and stayblessed like this.
  9. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

[QUOte

Also applied turmeric almost everyday mixed with curd before going to bed which removed all the dirt[/QUOTE]
    OP, does this not make the face oily? I shall try this ..as i too have lot of black and white heads

10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Can you pls tell me what is this volcanic scrub.. I too have stubborn black heads

Sri2196 likes this.