Stroller - Bugaboo Cameleon 3 vs Uppababy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sdiva20, Nov 23, 2012.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all moms,

Anybody have any experience with Bugaboo or uppababy? We live in suburbs and as such need to get in a car to go anywhere. We occasionally will be taking the baby to the city so we would need a stroller that does well in different terrain. Based on my research, I have narrowed it to these two brands. Its our 1st baby and any advice would be appreciated.

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Many views but no reply. Anyone has any other strollers that they liked or disliked after purchase?

3. aries1204

aries1204 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I recently brought Orbit G2 ..I also considered Bugaboo Cameleon 3 and Uppababy.
    i did not want bassinet kind of seat..as babies sometimes dont like to lie down for long time ...i thought baby may prefer to be in inclided sitting position to see around when we go for a walk.

Also Orbit has 360 rotation so we went for the travel system. I assembled it this weekend and we are happy with it. Not sure if Our baby will like it we will wait and watch.

4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you. I do hope you baby loves it :). I hear they have a mind of their own :)

This is a completely new area but when I saw the BC3 in store, I was under the impression that it came with bassinet for newborns and also incline seat for slightly older babies. Just bassinet for a 1000 bucks seems excessive.

One question- as newborns, they would have to be in sleeping position , right???

5. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am pretty new here at IL.
    Can you let me know what you ended up buying? I am looking at Uppababy, but it looks a bit bulky for my comfort.

6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Hi I ended up with a BOB revolution because I needed a jogging stroller and Bugaboo was not good for that. However, if I lived in city, I would have gone with a Bugaboo. I liked the cameleon better than uppababy.