Stretching body during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by soumya2552, Jun 30, 2010.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

I have this habbit of stretching my body as soon as I wake up. I feel fresh after that. Now I am 10 weeks pregnant, so I am not sure whether I can stretch my body or not??

Please advise.

Regards
    Soumya.

2. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Stretching is great for the body because it reduces muscle tension, thus making you feel more relaxed. It also helps with coordination, increased range of motion and prevention of injuries. An added bonus is that stretching allows you to focus on your body and stay in touch with how it moves and feels. That awareness will allow for an easier adjustment as your pregnancy progresses and your body changes to accommodate your new and growing belly.
    Hansika

3. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

same here. I do it too..but not sure how gud it is facing up..I tend to stop sleeping on sides and just lay flat on my back to stretch..Well that I'm not sure is gud..Or is it?

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Sowmya,
    Stretch as much as you can!!!
    It is really important to stay active throughout your pregnancy. Not only can exercise help you cope with your body's changing center of gravity, it also can make for an easier labor and postpartum recovery.