Stranger in our midst!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by vmur, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,
    Where did u get hold of this....it was so cute.....and why call it a stranger yaar.....i feel it is so part of family.....and come on maybe the serials are addictive....but there are so many good programs and what abt the news in general...there are so many informative things and not to mention the entertainment shows......these are one time shows and can be a good pastime to be spent together if possible with family ,.....what do you say!
    Great fwd.....thanks for taking time to share it with us!:2thumbsup:

3 people like this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhya,

Raced here from FP to read this :)) Hey, a real good write up on the best friend to whom we all seem to have given a cozy place in our homes:)
    At first, I thought it could be a stray dog that your dad picked up, as I read further, it was quite clear to me as to what you were hinting at, with your humorous and tongue in cheek article...ha ha.
    Many of us may consider the TV is the modern day bane on our lives and curse its negativeness etc. I feel my TV helped me in my long sojourn in life and help me cross certain loneliness, helped me to learn language and gave me an opportunity to peek into the psyche and cultures of the various countries I needed to acquiant myself with. It did all this without throwing any attitude or tantrum!! All I needed to do was click the button to shut it up! Oh yes, it babysat at times for me and never ever argued with me:-D
    A very witty article Vidhya.

L, Kamla

3. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

I am glad that you enjoyed reading it, however, I received this as a forward from one of my friends. So I cannot take the credit for writing this. Since this section was for forwarding messages and jokes that we receive by email, I posted it here.

So, I think it will be unfair for other budding writers in this forum if this forwarded article of mine is nominated for Finest posts of IL since it was not written by me.

Hope I haven't offended anyone, just trying to be fair :)

Regards
    Vidya

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Oops Vidya ( vimur)!
    Sorry if i caused you embarassment. I imagined i saw it in the Snippets section and hence nominated it.
    Thanks, anyway, for sharing an enjoyable piece.
    rgds
    manjula

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,
    Hats off to your fairness and candour which deserves an independent nomination. I would suggest that you place Forwarded Messages in the section dedicated for that. And place your own snippets here in this forum
    regards,

6. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Hi Vmur,
    That was a good piece. :) . I was really wondering who that stranger your father had actually brought home, and hadn't the courage to get rid off.

But when I discovered the stranger's identity, I was truly surprised for I too know him well :oops: .

Yep, 'the stranger' is a ubiquitous monster we all have allowed into our midst. Now the 'sister' and the 'cousin' have invaded our lives. Can we live without them? I doubt it . :mrgreen:

Maybe we can learn to use them wisely.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Vmur,
    If not for this post being nominated for the finest post, I would have missed out on a very beautiful and thrilling write-up! But then your honesty and disclosure made me a little disappointed that I could not nominate it for the finest post. Yet , I am sure it will be added to the finest post link.

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vmur,
    "Stranger in our midst!' is a nice write up. Thanks for sharing it with us. The stranger had occupied a prime place in each and every house. The stranger's avathar is changing in leaps and bounds! In our house no one is addicted to the idiot box. In fact my second son and dil do not have one at their house.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear vmur
    That was really a nice writeup.It kept me wondering who the stranger was.As you say it really occupies a centreplace in most of the households.Even friends become strangers when the time comes for the particular serial to start.Even the household work comes to a total standstill.It was really really wonderful piece.

10. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidya, Nice write up about the Idiot box. Even I use to dislike TV very much for the place it occupies in our life and takes away all our precious time. But I feel it has some advantages too. It, to some extent prevents the fight between m-in-law and d-in-law, between husband and wife. As they r engrossed in the TV they do not have time to think abt their disagreements. Then there are also some channels which r doing a real good job. Hope u people would have come across Makkal TV. They r doing a real good job. They do not telecast even a single serial or any movie program. There r lot of programs abt agriculture, education, tips for ladies, children, freedom fights, devotional programs. It is very very interesting and useful. They also encourage the use of tamil and they do preach only but follow it. Initially when the started it I felt that it was started to propagate PMK but they r doing an excellent job and it should be really appreciated.

thanks and regards,
    sujatha