1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange (stupid)problem ....

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Ragavisang, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My friend has a strange problem. She and her husband owns a business and having 50+people working for their company. Her Manager was young guy working really hard and no complaints about him. But his GF working in the same company in the entry level ... has a stinking attitude. Not even saying Hi to her when they meet in the corridor or elsewhere in the office. But when she is in good mood she comes & talk to her and in bad mood completely ignores... My friend thinks who is boss here... even if you are a boss.. who can't show your bitter feelings out... but this girl has a bossy attitude ... but that hen pecked manager who is really a valuable emp of the organization... she can't do anything but fuming it to me about her. I don't know what to say to her.. so I'm just venting it with you guys. Her hubby knows the situation and waiting for the chance to fire that stinker. please give me your opinions about the situation. Thanks for reading this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I don't understand.she dosent say a hi and tats the problem?is she being rude otherwise?work wise how is she?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

What is your friend's problem that girl is not a good worker, or girl doesnt say HI to her as she should because your friend is the boss...
    why bf of that girl is henpecked??? because his girlfriend doesnt say HI to the boss of company and he doesnt set her straight for it??

Thyagarajan and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Anika and coolgal. My friend says the girl was not like this before. there was no boss and emp atmosphere there, in fact those were the ones greet everyone friendly whenever they see them and lots of emus were saying to them previous owners never treated nicely like this. But that is not the matter here. my friend was saying hi to her couple of times and the girl had an attitude in reciprocating it.My friend got offended, after that she does not care to say to hi to her. My friend says she can't stand her bossy attitude and she said you got to experience it by yourself then only you know. Work wise not very great but very average and already got 2 warning letters. Probably I think the girl may be changed from normal to bossy after a while. In nutshell my friend feels that it went to her (girl)head and other workers also sometimes complain to her husband. But in small business it is a tricky thing for him to take decisions. My friend said she does not want to influence him in bad way. Previously I thought workers alone have problem but now after hearing all these .. I think every one has their own problems to deal with...:openmouth:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This reminds me of a situation during my tenure in Bombay office:

My immediate boss equal in age when new to me, would never return the greet. For few days, regardless of his acknowledging, I continued with my namaskaram greet. One day, I decided to stop greet.

• I entered his cabin, stood before him began discussing some issue. Then he asked me softly “Are you not feeling well?”. I said, “Not at all”. He said “ I didn’t here your Namastey with palms glued”.
    • Then I responded bringing forward my hand palms glued risen up “Namastey” and added, “ Sir, you never used to acknowledge my greet and so I concluded that you are not happy with my Namastey and hence I didn’t greet you today.”
    • He said am not used to namaskar and if I return saying “good morning” you may feel differently. And he was a Bengali & he ought to be familiar with NAMOSHKAR.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

How about organising some informal team events and team lunches etc to break the ice?in locations outside the office and in a casual environment...sometimes in a different setup we find that people who usually seem like they have attitude may warm up and be more friendly towards us when we get to know them better..