Strange but true-Lets start Grandmom Tales

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cheer, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

hey sriniketan..
    my mom said she drank saffron while she was having me.. but am fair.. but my brother is fairerRant(for him she didnt drink because she thought it was of no use!!!):bowdown

2. mrs.ram

mrs.ram New IL'ite

hey a very good thread....i too believe this a lot...now am in my 3rd month of pregnancy..

my grandma used to tell me during my first pregnancy that....drinking coconut water leads to bald/very less hair to the baby....while the baby born...fcourse it grows gradually....:)))

3. mrs.ram

mrs.ram New IL'ite

haa yes cutepavi.....drinking safron milk....leads to fair baby....but i too this +vely ...as i had saffron milk during my frst pregnancy....my son is fair now..
    if i didn't have that...he might be less complexioned right???its just a myth....we knew that...but we simply believe while we are pregnant as why to take risk for the future right??haha

4. mrs.ram

mrs.ram New IL'ite

and one more myth is that...consumption of gooseberry pickle(or anything related to gooseberry) leads to less complexioned baby.....
    my aunt loved to eat gooseberry while she was pregnant it seems...luckily...she gave born to fair children...

as we believe/not.....just we follow them of not taking the risk....am i not right?

5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

hI

i have heard that during pregnancy first term itself,

having something white in collour -first in the morning (empty stomach) -either to drink or eat will help make the child's skin soft and fair. (like sugar or milk)

dont know how far it is true but my friend who's got a child with a beautiful glowing skin said that she had done so because her grandmom advised her to .

why not try? nothing to lose only to gain.
    right ?

:cheers:)

6. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

A wonderful thread!

Although I'm not pregnant now, but was blessed with a baby girl nearly 4 & half years back.

My "Vertical line" was dark & thick...I had never heard of this before.... but from now on I'm holding on to this grandma tale!

7. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

I was told by my aunt that I'll be having a girl, 'cos my navel was in.... 'Cos she says when she had her 3 boys, her navel was out.

I saw a snap of a s-i-l of mine when she was pregnant, her navel was out too... & she had a boy..... & my co-sis had her navel in, she was blessed with a girl last month.

I love to hear these things.... the guess game is soooooo fun.