Strange but true-Lets start Grandmom Tales

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cheer, Sep 27, 2007.

1. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Oh really,
    I am dreaming about a girl.:queen

But all the people around me keep saying that i am going to get a boy.(seeing all my symptoms).

Let me wait and see!!

-Cathy

2. momtoanushi

momtoanushi New IL'ite

This seems to be quite true..even my doc belives in it , as soon as we heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time , she predicted it will be a girl! and sure enough 6 months later she was born!

3. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends!!

My MIL says If expecting mother daily eat anything that is white in colour like white rasgulla, rasmalai, coconut etc. first thing in the morning then you will have a fair baby. I dont know how much true it is but my SIL had taken something white in the morning daily during her pregnancy and now she has two son with fair complexion.

I think whatever you eat determines not only the complexion of baby but everything else also in its whole body. Because whatever we eat our growing baby is going to be made out of it. Its growing cells will consume whatever we will give them to consume. So According to me an expecting mother should eat everything that is healthy and good for body.

4. rituk77

rituk77 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have two sisters, elder one had m/s, gained lots of wt in later trimesters and was glowing when pregnant and she gave birth to a baby boy, younger didnt have m/s, didnt gain much wt, and was her skin was normal, she is blessed with a baby girl

And now its my turn, when I told my nurse abt my bad m/s, she immidiately said u're gonna have a baby 'boy'.............

Also I have heard that eating one orange everyday during pregnancy makes the baby growing inside fair complexioned and, drinking coconut water everyday makes him/her to have more hair

How's that?

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I was glowing when I had my girl.My tummy was big too.So everyone could guess it was a girl.

6. mayaworld

mayaworld New IL'ite

Hello ladies, During the final trimester, my sister in law found me growing complexioned and could say that i was having baby boy, especially seeing the dark lines near my neck. ( Thank god! they have vanished now!)

I have heard it from my mother in law saying that eating hot food while being pregnant leads to less haired baby! I do not know how true it is ?

Maya

7. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

During pregnancy, when u r using your right hand to get up from the floor - it is a girl, left hand means it is a boy.

My amma used to say this. I always used my right hand to get up from the floor and luckily it is a girl for me.

Andal

v.kiruthikka likes this.
  8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Old Wives tales are somewhat true. They cameout ture in my case. SO, if at all anybody asks any sex guess for thier baby's I advice them to go through these tales and they will come to know abou the baby's sex easily.
    My face looks darker and my belly was not that much big and baby's heart rate is <=130 and always on right side, it looked like a basket ball.
    So, I had a Baby boy!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Oldwives tales and Chinese calandar aswell. Both came out true for me!:rotfl:thumbsup

9. lakshmi.mani

lakshmi.mani Junior IL'ite

My sister had severe m/s (vomitted till 8th month), became very dark and had a baby girl 12 days after EDD.

I had moderate m/s from 3-5 months, have a protruding belly (not sagged and low) . I am in my early 8th month and people say that i look like 9th months preg... also my mil and others say that from my tummy it looks like "Boy". Have to wait one more month for the results

Lakshmi.M

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  10. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

all these ideas and secrets to determining the sex of the baby are very amusing but I'm not so sure if I believe any of them. You'll have either a boy or girl - that much we all know :) But as for craving sweets for girl to ingesting safron for a fair baby are all old-wives tales.

We should all remember that having a healthy baby is the most important thing. Whether it be a boy or girl, fair or dark, a healthy, happy child is what all families crave and pray for.