Strange but true-Lets start Grandmom Tales

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cheer, Sep 27, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Mahajanpragati,
    It has been scientifically proved that during eclipse pregnant women are more prone to the UV rays, be it solar or lunar, so you cant call it as a grandma's tale.

Regarding eyesight, yes that is also true, I am an avid reader and I cannot pass a day without reading books; so I was reading and the result I ended up with severe headache, leading to renewing my long lost sinus.

During pregnancy, you body is so vulnerable to cold and cough and as you could not be medicated for these during pregnancies you will be carrying it till the end of your pregnancy and at times even after deliver, that is why doctors themselves advise you to cover your ears with a thin cloth during winter, and if you are sleeping in an ac room.

But it is true that you get all advices during pregnancy and when mothering small babies, though some are good others,.......... have to go through all these.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

My Mil used to tell(joke), my SIL is very fair and very pinkish complexion, and my husband who is younger to her is on the darker side, though not black, he is of the normal Indian complexion, that my SIL is of that combination just because she took milk with saffron and as the dosage was an overdosage it affected my husband's colour and he got the darker complexion. How is this?:tongue

Abinayas09 likes this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rajmi, as you have pointed regarding the saffron in milk, I had to let me side of view.
    my girls are of normal Indian color but my boy is fairer than the girls.
    Interesting to note that I didn't take any saffron in milk for all the three:-o

sriniketan

4. priyamenonnallore

priyamenonnallore New IL'ite

if your belly itches a lot, the baby will be having a head full of hair!!!:-D

5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

another one i came to know-

during pregnancy their is vertical line on the stomach, if it's light & thin it's a boy & if it's thick then it's a girl.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
    v.kiruthikka likes this.
  6. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

One more i heard yesterday.My friend's mom told this.

She told she has been watching me since last month ie 4th month and i am very active.

If we are very active then its a BOY.It we feel very tited thru' out pregnancy its GIRL.

I was saying her that i had severe morning sickess and i was not active.she also added that BOYS bring up severe morning sickness :).

Eventhough my brain says there is no proof for all the tales,my heart wants to hear them allbonk.

-Enjoy pregnancy.

Cathy

v.kiruthikka likes this.
  7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

i had severe vomitting and it was a boy (with lots of hair). But i glowed:) Yes, my belly was small and tapering (they say if it's sagging and make you walk like a hippo then it's a girl). yes he did come a week before EDD! and after delivery while in hospital i did read and also knit... nothing happened to my eyesight, no head ache nothing:) Latha

8. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Cathy,

Strange that you mention about morning sickness being more in case of boys. Everyone that I know of used to say that if its girl then the morning sickness will be more. I had severe morning sickness for the first three months, and my scan report says its a girl. :queen - Even my mom was suggesting that it would be a girl bcos of my morning sickness.

Take care.

v.kiruthikka likes this.
  9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

U never know, i had no morning sickness, no vomiting even i'm very active than other my colleague, still my ultra sound says it's a girl. So u never know.

10. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Oh really,
    I am dreaming about a girl.:queen

But all the people around me keep saying that i am going to get a boy.(seeing all my symptoms).

Let me wait and see!!