1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange behaviour of friend

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SmilingGirl02, Feb 8, 2015.

1. SmilingGirl02

SmilingGirl02 Senior IL'ite

Hi girls,

I am married since 8 yrs having 1 sweet daughter. I was carrying 2nd baby.but unfortunately recently I had miscarriage in 8TH month.
    one of my close friend's son recently turn 1.she asked us many times suggestions for 1st birthday celebration. We had lot of discussion about party idea.my daughter used to her son.
    BUT after having miscarriage, she didn't even invited us for birthday party.
    It is hurting me.not getting why people behave like this.

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you ...... I really feel bad for you. You are going through an understandably heartbreaking, earth-shattering time. I pray that you have a support network of family who will help you get through this hardship.

As for your friend, she probably thinks you want to be alone and not go to birthday party because something may trigger you to cry.

People react differently. Two days after my miscarriage a baby was so happy and excited to see me (you would think he was seeing a long-lost friend), and that really brightened my mood. Being around happy children certainly helps.

Ask your friend about the birthday party. Tell her you would be happy to help out, perhaps setting up party bags, i.e. each child get bag of toys and candy, or something like that......

2 people like this.
  3. SmilingGirl02

SmilingGirl02 Senior IL'ite

275 views but only 1 reply. Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks Chennai express for ur reply.

1 person likes this.
  4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

3 people like this.
  5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Let it go.She probably think inviting you for birthday party is like rubbing salt on wound.

4 people like this.
  6. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi SmilingGirl,

Am really sorry for your loss.
    If you think she is your close friend, stop obsessing or worrying about this issue.Pick up the phone and talk to her and ask her directly. An easy way to settle the issue.

2 people like this.
  7. Sailajahemanth

Sailajahemanth Silver IL'ite

Dear SmilingGirl,

First of all, I am sorry for your loss.

Its in your mind whether to take this incident as a serious thing or ignoring it as a small issue.
    May be she doesn't want you to strain because of your physical condition. Don't assume.

But at the same time you have to understand this. Each person has some privacy in their life whether it's a best friend or relations or even siblings. They have their own reasons for not inviting you. Why are you being so sensitive ? I understand that she is your close friend but be in limits and don't have too much expectation.

I will tell you my experience. Even my close friend ( very close friend from school to college ) didn't invite me for her marriage. You know how paining it will be...even I was very upset for few days but later I told myself that ok, I have other things to worry about in my life, why am I wasting my precious time for her ? I was feeling ok after that. I was ok not normal. Later I met her and gave her my marriage invitation ( I didn't ask her that why you didn't invite me for your marriage ? )and definitely she was feeling very bad and said simply sorry. I said its fine but during her marriage everyone asked me why you didn't go ? I simply smiled... I didn't tell them the truth that I didn't receive the invitation. The thing is she didn't tell me that she is going to get married. I don't need a formal invitation for my close friend's marriage but I didn't understand why she ignored me. Well....she had her own reasons which I don't know. Later she didn't come to my marriage.

You have to be flexible in certain things and you need to forget the past.

You have other things in your life to worry about. Concentrate on your health and take good rest now. But don't cut your friendship with her. Be normal and ask her how did the birthday party go when you get a chance to meet her. But don't put her in a embarrassing situation by asking why you didn't invite me ? It's her personal thing. I know you both had discussed about the party. If you don't ike her then you can slowly distance yourself from her. If you think she is avoiding you, then take it easy and move on. Don't feel bad. But again don't cross your limits and don't be sensitive.

Be normal and don't spoil your mind thinking about this. Just leave it.

2 people like this.
  8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @SmilingGirl02,

I am very sad to know the loss after 8th month of pregnancy. I feel with you, but surely God Has done this for some unknown reason out of His love for you. Leave the past behind, you will have a great time in future.

Sure, your friend might have felt for you and thought you might like not to be disturbed by her celebration. Probably you may call her after the birthday to enquire how the celebration went and tell that you are looking forward to happy times soon and past is past.

Do not worry. God's ways may appears to be strange, but is always full of love.

May Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

3 people like this.