1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange behaviour of cousin..reccently married

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by nolife, Feb 28, 2016.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    One of my cousin recently married about 2 weeks back and he is one person with whom i was in touch compared to other cousins. once my aunt told me that he asks her about my well being. Keeping in touch being once in a month we say hi , hello thats all in whats app. Minimal communication but better than other cousins i have. Because of my divorce and others behaviour I distanced my self with almost all my relatives but I do attend their family functions once in a while.

His wife happened to chat with me once about 3 days back . She told me that my cousin has spoken about me to her. I replied her saying yes we are good friends and close to me. I also told her that he is younger to me. Today I discovered that my cousin has removed me from whats app.
    Some how I am feeling really bad. I wonder how could women or he change views after marriage.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It is okay Op.Let them have the space.
    Early on in marriage,people have insecurities ,jealousies and possessiveness.As time passes ,things might get better.

3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry. May be your cousin wants to avoid further complications (may be his wife is insecure about your friendship with your cousin). It is not so easy for everyone to understand the friendship between a man and woman, whether it's cousins or friends. It requires lot of maturity.

You don't have to think about this issue as you haven't done anything wrong. We cannot change people's behavior or mentality.

2 people like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

This is probably more about her insecurities and less about your divorce.

1 person likes this.
  5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

"Removed from whatsapp" means what? he blocked u or removed u from his phone contacts? blocked means he intentionally removed u...removed from contacts means either intentionally or by mistake the contacts got lost while changing phone or SIM card..If he has intentionally cut u off then yes the cousin's wife feels insecure and jealous..and he just wants to save his marriage by not antagonizing his wife so cut u off from contacts..just cut him out and be glad that you don't have to maintain relations with such narrow minded people..

shreyashreya, nolife and shareon like this.
  6. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

He removed from contact list in both the numbers - india and usa

7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

@nolife: How did you discover this?

1 person likes this.
  8. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

could not see profile pic

9. ssrgopal

ssrgopal Silver IL'ite

Its OK. Ignore!
    Some people feel insecure in the beginning, especially if he had talked more about you to his wife. This might have caused some jealousy and subsequent removal of your number.

Everyone face this kind of weirdness in one point of time, people come and leave. Just stay cool and dont even bother to ask about this act to your cousin or his Mrs in future. Just royally ignore as if you were least bothered. :hatsoff

nolife likes this.
  10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

That was cheap of his new wife. Quite cheap of her, and ofcourse he did not have the backbone/spine to refuse her immature tantrum. Ignore both of them, neither are worth it.