Stotras/Shlokas cursed by Sage Parashurama???

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by navs23, Feb 2, 2012.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

I recently came across these lines on Wikipedia. I am not sure about the authenticity of this information, but was curious.

"Varahi Tantra says that in the age of Kali yuga, most stotras are cursed by Parashurama and hence are ineffective. While listing the ones which are free from this curse and hence suitable during Kali Yuga, it is said, "Gita of the Bhishma Parva, Vishnu Sahasranama of Mahabharata and Chandika Saptashati' (Devi Mahatmyam) are free from all Doshas and grant fruits immediately in Kali Yuga."

Does anyone know the legend behind this? What are the stotras that were cursed by Sage Parashurama and what is the legend behind that?

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

I recently went on a trip to Konkan and saw Parshuram commonly mentioned there..(he is the founder of the coastal areas by virtue of him throwing his axe....) ..strangely this avatar of Rama is never mentioned much in detail....or maybe its mentioned and we..(rather 'I') do not have much knowledge about him...

I am also awaiting answer to your question :)

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

eagerly waiting for the answers. am really curious to know.