Storming & Stomping! ;)

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kaniths, Apr 22, 2016.

1. vaikhari

vaikhari Gold IL'ite

@kaniths hey!

To your query, "Have you gone forever?" not really and not so soon:)

Let me abandon Shakespeare and invoke Eliot here (can't think of any Shakespeare for my current situation), with 21st century place specific revisions:

"May is the cruellest month, breeding
    answer scripts out of the thin air, mixing
    joy and pain, stirring
    headaches and migraine
    (I skip Winter and)
    Summer shocks us, here in God's own country
    with severe water crisis, we dropped all our work midway
    to save every drop of water and walked for hours and hours....

(For the uninitiated, this is inspired by T.S.Eliot's "The Wasteland", and since I am no Eliot, please don't curse me, for the "terrible beauty" of my verse. I owe the "terrible beauty" to Yeats, the phrase that is)

Yes, its hard times, and I am bogged down by "everyday" issues!

No water in my hostel and they have even closed down the mess and here I am still with my pending work.. and running daily miles in search of food and water, and eating a lot of junk (cookies and chocolates, despite having gallstones)...

It has rained (in fact decently well, not summer showers, but real rainy rain!) in many parts of this place, yet where I work, in this small area alone, the rain gods seem to have developed some spatial shock and fear to tread!
    And the hostel people have also turned hostile and keep cutting down all our amenities one by one, stopping the water supply, closing down the mess, so that we won't stay long! As if anybody wanted to...
    (there is a well in our block which has enough water, but they like to teach us what water crisis will like in future!)

So have to stay away for at least a week, until the results are published and I can finally pack homeward and bathe, eat and drink to my glory!!!

until then its bye from vai....

PS: This will remain my favorite quote forever:
    "Thousands have lived without love, not one without water" (Auden).

I for one can live without love, but not without water:-(

Do check out Eliot, Yeats, Auden and others and have fun with the Moderns!!!:)

kaniths and Cimorene like this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@Cimorene
    How about (single) themed zines? Have a theme per issue...? Say if an issue is about Eliot (need not be, this is just an example) member contributions can be invited with focus on him and him only... There can be reviews, recommendations of his works, op eds?, adapted member versions (like Vaikhari's summer poem above ^^), facts, podcasts, movies references, long essays, contests, what not and whatever be it all but wrt the theme of the issue, like most photography / media / art zines are published online. If its going to be an issue about AI, then columns or sections will be #AllthingsAI... One theme per issue... We should make the newsletter exclusive to E&G, the downloadable link I mean, So contributed members will continue to stay around! :wink::yum: Silly eh? :oops:

Cimorene likes this.
  3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Kaniths,

Your ideas are brilliant! I love them all (yum yum!)

These days, I juxtapose my adolescent days with my adult days, and try to reason why as an adult it is very difficult to collaborate and work with people, whereas, in school and college it was so much fun and spirited. I reasoned, as an adult, we all have unshakeable values and principles set in ways that any curious threat to one's disciplinary and social credo is not well-received. I hate to say this but I'm inclined towards that "transplant" and jump over to Klingoo's group. I've seen enough skirmishes and fallouts here at IL that venturing into group activities is very scary ...

We (women in particular) work very well as individuals, but when it comes to concerted effort, I've very little faith that we will accomplish much. Perhaps, working only with all-men teams, and having indoctrinated their impoverished ethics and sloppy philosophy, I'm wary of group activities amongst women, hence shelved the newsletter. Klingy thinks we are kumbaya singing girl scouts who assemble here. Though, initially, I found it banal, the more I visualized us all singing over a campfire, the more it appealed to me, but the helplessness incurred while averting flying sparks from that bonfire and protecting everyone is too much for me to handle at times.

A nonsensical post don't read too much into it!

Kumzy.png

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hmm? I don't think so... My other non E&G threads are group based and they don't seem to suck! :) Whatever... Now that there is no reason to hang around.... :ciao: E&G! Peace!

@Cimorene Catch you elsewhere!

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

OT : I changed my albums privacies... Didn't know it will trigger alert messages to all who I follow... Sorry... Ignore pls...

Lathasv likes this.
  6. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi K :)
    Anything is your wish. Do whatever you like and be happy:thumbup: