Stop over at abu dhabi for 4 days and visit to dubai

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Abu Dhabi' started by megs, Apr 21, 2008.

1. megs

megs New IL'ite

I would be travelling to india via abu dhabi ..My parents have recently moved there..I am thinking of planning a visit to Dubai for 2 days and 2 days in abu dhabi...What are the best things to do in Dubai or How best can I plan my stay in Abu dhabi for 4 days,including dubai for 1 or 2 day visit....what things can I see in Dubai in 1 day ?also in abu dhabi...also pl guide regarding good veg restaurants in dubai...
    Thx

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008

2. reenur

reenur Senior IL'ite

Hi,

In Dubai u can go for desert drive.Iam sure u will enjoy.U can do good shopping here.about veg resturants so many r there.saravana. arya. sangeetha r some of them.Most of them r in Karama or like the others say LIITLE INDIA of Dubai.

Reenu.

3. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Megs,

There aren't much places to see in Abu Dhabi..unlike Dubai. its usually the malls in AUH..
    You could check out Marina mall, Al Wahda mall, Emirates Palace, Corniche, Lulu island - a man made island, Beach near Marina mall,
    Sadly this is what all I can think of..bonk
    Will try to check for more...

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Hi,</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Please find below a list of must-sees in Dubai:</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">I think you will need about 2-3 days only in Dubai, to see a good lot of the tourist places:</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on"></st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Dubai</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Museum</st1:placeType></st1:place> - This will take only one hour

Gold Souq (My suggestion, Not to miss this at all)
    Desert Safari (You will be picked up at 14:30 and dropped back around 22:00. Dinner included. This is the best time of the year to do a desert drive)
    Heritage Village
    Wild Wadi (Water park)

Abra (This is a boat ride on the Dubai Creek, with camera perfect views Best time: Sunset)
    Burj Al Arab (You can even go inside for a fees, which can be rdeemed inside)

Shopping Malls in Dubai:
    Wafi Mall
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Deira</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Center</st1:placeType></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Ibn Battuta MAll</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Mall of the Emirates</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on"></st1:placeName></st1:place>Bur Juman
    Madinat Jumeirah

Other Emirates:
    Sharjah Souq (Good for a small drive and a one hour peek into the souq. You might get caught in the traffic)
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Abu Dhabi</st1:place></st1:City>
    Al Ain - A drive to Jebel Hafeet will be memorable (Aerial view of UAE-Muscat border)
    <st1:place w:st="on">Fujairah</st1:place> - (Only for beach)
    Khorfakkan - (Drive and beach)

For Dubai sight seeing, you can opt to take the Big Bus, which will cover most of these places in just one day.

Regards
    USHA

5. megs

megs New IL'ite

Thx everyone for the info on abu dhabi/dubai..

6. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Dear Megs

Welcome to the UAE - you will def enjoy your stay here, its such a lovely country.

How much you cover in your trip to Dubai depends if you have transport or you are doing it by taxi.

Here are a few links to plan ur trip - Do let us know if you need to shop for anything in particular and we will let you know where to go :)

have a lovely holiday

http://www.dreamsofdubai.com/dubai-sightseeing/
    Sightseeing in Dubai - Silverjet - Dubai tours
    Shopping in Dubai - Silverjet - City Center Mall and shops
    Shopping in Dubai - Silverjet - City Center Mall and shops
    Dubai City Guide : Guide to Shopping Malls in Dubai
    Dubai Tours, Dubai Sightseeing Tours & Things to Do in Dubai | Viator.com

best wishes
    preethi

7. megs

megs New IL'ite

I believe my parents r gonna take a taxi from abu dhabi to dubai....I haven't thgt of anything particular..but what do u think wd be best to take from dubai/abu dhabi back to India ...
    Thx

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  8. Manpreet

Manpreet New IL'ite

for veg restraunts - try Kamat or Chappan bhog in Bur dubai. My personal favourite is Kamat though.

Cheers!

9. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear megs

dubai is a city full of shopping malls and they r built in a fantastic way..ibn batuta n mall of the emirates are very good ones...desrt safari is a must if u r visiting dubai as a tourist...but the time on roas is the most killing part as the traffic wud b really bad..anyways all the best n enjoy ur stay in dxb..

lov
    sowmi

10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Megs

You have taken a wise decision to stop over Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Dubai is a lovely city and worth visiting. Since you are coming by Taxi from Abu Dhabi to Dubai, you may have to engage taxi in Dubai also which is extremely difficult these days. You may take a rent-a-car or book a local sighte seeing tour through some tour opertors like Sun n Sky (SUN & SKY,Deira,Dubai.Tel:+971 4 2296060) or Amazon Tours to name a few. They even arrange for Desert safari trips which is the most sought after tourist attraction in this place. You will definitely enjoy. You may also visit Meena Bazaar for shopping. There is huge collection of Indian stuff. Many tour operators are located here also.

Secondly, though you are from USA, SKI Dubai Snow Park in Mall of the Emirates should be not missed, which other Dubai friends have not mentioned. Other worthy places to visit include- Gold Souq, Spices market in Deira Dubai, Heritage Village in Bur Dubai, beautiful clean blue beaches, Citi Centre (mall) Ibn Batuta (Mall), Lamcy Plaza (mall), Bur Juman Centre (mall), Festival City (A Great mall) Burj Al Arab (7 star hotel built in sea), Burj Dubai, a trip in Cruise / abra (boat) on the Creek of Arabian Gulf is etc. There are conducted tour facilities available also.

The climate will be warm and cottong clothing is fine. A digicam and handycam are must.

There are lots of shopping. You can buy Gold in coins, biscuits and ornaments. Indian vegetarian / Non-vegetarian hotels are available in plenty in Bur Dubai and Karama areas. All the hotels and malls maintain good rest rooms and clean toilet facilities at free of cost. So you dont have to worry if you need to spend a whole day in the city which is very important especially for ladies. Visit to New Dubai will be covered when you come from Abu Dhabi.

I hope I have covered info that you can finish in 3 days time in Dubai.

Enjoy your time in Dubai. If you need any help you may get in touch with

Warm Regards
    Shanti
    26-4-08