1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stools are green ------ is this okay?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by babychinnu, Mar 18, 2010.

1. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi ILadies,

I started giving boiled and mashed apples from past 1 week to my daughter Doyel. From then, her stools are in dark green color. Is this fine?

She is sleeping well, playing well and also too actively and also she is eating apple eagerly only. I feel still the feed for her is not sufficient. Right now, I am BFing, 1 or 2 times formula, 1 time apple. Do I need to increase the number of times of solid intake?

Deepchiran.

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

stool colours do change with solids and fibre rich solids. If she is not in discomfort I guess she is doing good.
    Why do you think your baby needs more? I would wait another month before I introduce another meal. In the first year the primary nutrition has to come from breastmilk and formula. If you think you are not able to match her demand of breastmilk then add another formula sessions.

3. lucky7

lucky7 New IL'ite

If the baby is eating well and active then our paed said that there is no need to worry about stools in any shade of yellow,green or brown

4. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your replies.

Tikka---I am almost feeding half apple for her now. after it is completed also, still she opens her mouth and tries telling something as she wants more. Then I give my BM. Thats why i feel may be she wants more.

Now am feeding apple only once a day. so, is it suggested to increase formula milk than increasing solid food?

Deepchiran.