stock market and housewives

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by rin, Jun 9, 2007.

1. sapnabedi

sapnabedi New IL'ite

Hi Rin,
    I am a chartered accountant and going to become a sub broker for karvy can to tell me from where could i get updated and guidance to make investments and I also wanted to know that where could i get knowledge abount the upcoming IPO's.

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

I have been a silent observer of this thread...
    Experienced ILites why dont you throw u r 2 cents and make some recos on picking stocks....of course we will make the decision at our own risk..

Pls help us..the beginners...

3. shravanthika

I'd be also glad if some one could explain us the terms in a balance sheet which they always advised to be looked upon before investing...What are these P/E ratio..how do you calculate..(may be can anybody explain with an example)..other stuffs that has to be looked into before investing..

Hope someone out there would surely pour in...

Expecting......

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

5. shravanthika

Shanvy,
    As I'm also a house wife..a bit more interested in Indian stock market...I thought I'd discuss in here ..may be comfortably...

Yep I already peeped into the thread you mentioned...but as this thread with a word "house wives" attracted me more ...to make my first posting here...I'll join up the other thread soon...

Thanx anyway....

6. kaybee

kaybee New IL'ite

Hi Malathi,

i'm a writer based in Mumbai. I'm writing an article on the rising trend of housewives doing online trading. this is for a newspaper in bangalore - Deccan Herald. would you like to talk to me about your experiences? I can conceal your name if you want it?

i'm also a member of Indus ladies. just joined in.

Kanchana

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  7. bhuvannag

bhuvannag Senior IL'ite

Hi Sheshin,
    H r u? Im doing intra day for the past 1 yr.pls guide me abt the technical analysis.and also how can we know entry point and exit point. r how can we judge tht a particular scrip will reach a particular price?Toguh im doing good now. I'm curious to learn more this stock market
    Regards
    Bhuvana

8. bhuvannag

bhuvannag Senior IL'ite

hi Rin,
    Im an intraday trader as well as long term investor.share with me ur ideas and tips
    Cheers
    Bhuvana

9. mailme2037

mailme2037 New IL'ite

Hello Rina & Hello Dear friends,

This is really a great thread & a vry interesting one but i also have absolutely nil idea on stock markets & online trading but would be glad to be a part of it so plz advice as to how to get started.plz advice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards

10. Shrirupa

Shrirupa New IL'ite

Hi Rin,

Thanks for beginning this topic, and thanks for encouraging housewives to learn stock market!

I am also a housewife, and instead of seeking a job outside, i decided to learn share trading.
    My husband agrees with the plan and is ready to give me Rs.10000 to begin with. I am newly married and my mother in law does not want me to do this, she wants me to find some salary job outside. But recently i joined a stock market basic course, and i really liked the idea of online trading. So now i have to prove myself in the next few months.

Can you give me (and all others) tips for intraday/short term investments, so that i can play safe in the game? Can it become an alternative for monthly earning?

Please guide all of us!

Thanks...

Shrirupa