stock market and housewives

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by rin, Jun 9, 2007.

1. bhairavee

bhairavee New IL'ite

hey rin ,

being honest .. i never have understood this share business, but as i started reading all abt mutual funds , bonds , stock market ... am lil at ease feeling bit high , that i know something on this topic too .

pravalli too have started sharing her experince , i too feel like to start somewhere. but still confused how to start ......

is it to start with a trading a/c with any good bank ? ?

can u suggest ????

regards ,
    bhairavee

2. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

HI Rin

Good that you started this thread. I have invested in few mutual funds. I am keeping track of it thru moneycontrol.com. I have invested in some infrastructure funds and also some NFO recently.

I wish you could start a thread updates on MF and seperatly for shares and other things. I have also invested in ULIP.

But i do not have working experience like you and i feel that you should guide us as you are in the market yourself.

3. fanny

fanny New IL'ite

Hi Reena,

This is really a very interesting thread, as I have been always planning to invest some money in share market but, hesitant to do that as don't have any knowlege except the factor high risk high gain, low risk, low gain factor.

But some how i have invested Rs.25,000/- im HDFC Mutual Fund in low risk low gain factor to be on safer side, with one year time limit as if i will withdraw money before that period there will be certain penalty.

can you advise me , how this HDFC is doing, My choice to invest in this one is right or not, what is your suggestion.

Thanks,
    Fanny

4. fanny

fanny New IL'ite

Hi Reena,

This is really a very interesting thread, as I have been always planning to invest some money in share market but, hesitant to do that as don't have any knowlege except the factor high risk high gain, low risk, low gain factor.

But some how i have invested 25000/- im HDFC Mutual Fund in low risk low gain factor to be on safer side, with one year time limit as if i will withdraw money before that period there will be certain penalty.

can you advise me , how this HDFC is doing, My choice to invest in this one is right or not, what is your suggestion.

Thanks,
    Fanny

5. amsa

amsa New IL'ite

Hi rin
    [​IMG]
    tis is amsa 4m chennai...im a Homemaker....im very much interested in stock business but i dont have much knowledge in it as well as need some guidance...if possible can tell me in brief abt tis and how to invest, where to invest ,how to choose stock like that....i want to spend leisure in a useful manner...bye

6. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi reena

Nice to c your message. I am interested can u let me know more details.

Revathi

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi rin,

Nice thread. Somehow missed this thread.

I was wondering the sensex reaching 17+k and still fmcg, infrastructure is not looking so great. (ITC is still going slow, I dont want to sell as i feel it is a investmnet rather than a trade)

looks like the banking sector and chemicals and organics is also buzzing....
    (UCO bank is buzzing a lot.. hindustan organics and chemicals is buzzing...)

would like some inputs....

(I have vested interest in what i have mentioned here as investments. )

8. minarthi

minarthi New IL'ite

hi reena..

yes u r 102% correct, compare with men, womens hving more capability in justifying...u know i am also doing stock trading past 6 months... and its very informative and knowledgable...

can i know which stock company r u working for??

magi:2thumbsup:

9. Ushie

Ushie Senior IL'ite

Hi Rin,

I am a housewife living abroad . I dont know anything about stock market (what is the difference between shares, bonds, mutual funds etc). Please consider some ignorant persons like me and is there any website where I can learn everything. Also I want to know how to buy a share and whether I can invest in Indian stock market living abroad. Since I dont have any help please give me some guidance.

Thank you

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

I know the lure of the stock market is very high. and what with lot of push and advice from hubby's and near ones..the temptation to try is also there...

but i would give a word of caution...right now the market is very volatile...those who are already there also be cautious. and those who want to enter..take the step carefully.

All the best to all of you...