stock market and housewives

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by rin, Jun 9, 2007.

1. rin

rin New IL'ite

hi all

i am new user to IL i am a working girl ,working with stock market as Branch Manager cum Relationship manager in india with a broking firm.
    in my working experiance of 4 years i have found a intresting fact that women
    are very much a good trader or investor in stock market rather then men.
    their judement policy the way they handle money help them to take positve decision.
    now a days where most of housewives spend their much time in watching saas bau srerials some women still looking forward gainning knowledge about stock market and to earn money through it.
    i appriciate these women its shows they still worth something and women can still show their abilities even being at home only.
    with the help of my message i want to encourage women to show their intrest in stock market..
    i am here to help you in this regard...
    thanks
    rin:)

Madhumurali and amybala like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A welcome encouragement Rin:) So, what are your tips and suggestions for us women? Can you please explain as to how one can go about it?

L, Kamla

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hi Reena!
    I had been investing in stocks about 13 years back.I invested a meagre Rs.5400/- and would you believe? Today it is worth more than Rs.40,000/-!
    Of late I have started investing in Mutual funds.
    Hope lots of women in this site get motivated to invest in stocks and M.Fs after reading your post.
    Regards,
    Malathi

4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rin,
    We are indeed lucky to have some experienced person to guide us .Waiting for your tips & tricks

5. rin

rin New IL'ite

hi all

nice to see such a good response from all of you. as i told you earlier i am here to guide and advice you about anything regarding stock market of india.
    so let me start with a key word that you all women should always remember
    that is "stock market is the finest way to multiply your wealth without doing
    much efforts but you need to be a INVESTOR not a trader"
    see there is no short and clean cut of earing quick money you need to have patience and right timing to earn money.
    as one of you said that she got 40k from her 5400/- investment...
    that is the reward of patience and offcourse right decision.
    so the first lesson is you need to keep your self update with stock market move,read some good sites like moneycontrol.com,nseindia.com
    watch some bussiness news chennels in india like CNBC,ZEE BUSSINESS etc.
    just first develop some basic knowledge about market..then you can open a trading account...
    will let you know more first let me get some feedback from your side about whatever i wrote.
    bye:wave

6. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hi Rin,
    It's a very good idea to sart this thread.Since two weeks i'm searching net reagarding mutual funds and about investing in stocks.Presently i'm in U.S.
    Will you please provide the deails how can we invest in MF from here?.We are looking for both longtime and short time investments.Hope you will provinde some light on this topic.
    Love:)
    Neelima.

7. Pravalli

Pravalli New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been following this site and all the threads for quite sometime. but never got time to write back.

I am a working women so I just read all the threads every single day when i am at work. I saw that Rin is trying to motivate all the women to channelaize their time and efforts in a better way than watching Tv soaps.. even I wanted to do something in this regard.

I totally agree with rin about women being the best Investors as we have grown up looking at most of our moms plan everything financially at home.

Coming to the Point: Mutual funds are of 2types as per my knowledge 1. equity type 2. Tax Bonds

Equity Bonds: When you invest in these bonds you are not directly invest into share market but their value depends on the company share value though. as they are been invested in Share Markets they have High Risk and High Yields.

Tax Bonds: Low Risk..as consistent growth and medium returns.

I am already investing in Mutual Funds as i have atrading A/c with ICICI but not actively into Shares as I have only 2 shares of Oil Companies..but not much.

I would like to see more info and feedbacks on Share trading..!

Rin waiting for more inputs from your side..!

Have Fun gals..!

Regards,
    Pravalli

8. KRH

KRH New IL'ite

Thanks to Reena for starting such a nice thread. I am a housewife but thinking of doing something to earn money. Want to know more about share market. :idea:

9. rin

rin New IL'ite

hi frens.......

sorry for not replying so frequently as i could not get time to visit the site daily.but i am really happy to see the response from u all.
    yeh pravalli you are right,u have given very simple definetion of shares.
    point is high risk high gain,less risk less gain.....
    in stock mkt you can earn 10 to 20 thousand in a day on 50 to 80 thousand investment if trade properly but that involve same high risk......
    well thats a gamble side somewhere i think i should not talk about it as its not so easy to do.we should start from A .
    first let me tell you frankly i have a good knowledge about india stock market.
    but have rough idea about other markets not much so i may not help you about U.S,Euro Mkt.
    mutul funds and bonds are very safe ideas of investment but it have really very slow growth and many people only invest in MF and Bonds just for tax saving purpose...but trading directly from live mkt is good for investment also
    for that you need to have a trading and demat account with any broking firm
    better to open online trading account so that you can trade from home
    via internet.these broking firms also guide you about market like they tell you what you should buy and when to sell according to your pocket and investment period.
    why i encourage you to trade directly from stock market because all Mutul funds,bonds,insurance or banks invest in stock market only and give return to you.mean you are indirectly related with stock market if you choose anyone of the above.so why not trade from market directly.
    so if any question reagrding it please tell me.

TC you all
    Yours.....Rin:wave

10. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hi Rin,
    Your post made all of us to think about shares.You have mentioned about trading directly from market rather than investing in MF's.I think to trade directly from market one should have thorough knowledge regarding market than for Mf's.Is it right?
    Please provide some details regarding direct trade from market, how one should select share types,what is the minimum amount to trade ,and how to open accounts and all.

Neelima.