1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Still working hard to be good Mom, wife, daughter in law and a lots of other things

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by dakshayaeni, Jan 24, 2012.

1. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Mithai, has history class test tomorrow, she read the book on Saturday which was her school holiday, but from Sunday onwards amazingly that book was nowhere to be found. I looked wherever my brain could guide me, Mithai asked me to google...

Today the school shared a great news that the book is out of market as of now. Not understanding what is the best way to avert a potential 'fail in exam' disaster... , Mithai's daddy gave me a SOS and asked what should he say to the school. I guided him to ask if they could somehow get a copy of the book as her annual exam is also drawing near. Am nt sure, but last I heard of the status is her principal got involved in this and stated school will try to help her somehow, but she clearly expressed her displeasure towards Mithai's mom...god help me pls get over this pang of guilt that I cannot look after my daughter well.

Plenty of such incidents quite often points at me. The fact that still am trying to be a good mother is challenging to me at times. Coping up with work at office, at home, maintain relations with colleagues, friends, relatives and others, communicate such that politically correct words comes out and a heap of other activities often make me fail in truly looking after my baby, my 8 year old daughter.

But you know what, I made her learn LOGO and Weather and made her understand number magic in the last 3 days and when she was going to school today she simply looked at me and said 'ma I will get full marks in computer science and maths this week, you just see me''...yes this is what I was fighting for.

I am not good at household work, cannot sing, cannot knit or weave, cannot even maintain relationships with all but I know when to take things in my own hand. For example, the last three were my off and I asked Mithai's teacher not to come since I would sit with my baby and guide her small sentimental brain. I do not need her to fetch 100% results but I need her to be confidant and know the basics. Am I really that bad mom?

I know friends do not judge, hence I am not writing this to get views in my favor or opposite. But I needed to share the incident as am sure some of us would identify with me.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Re: Still working hard to be good Mom, wife, daughter in law and a lots of other thin

Trust me, you will not be able to locate a lot more things in your life...and do just fine. I can't even begin to list the many ways I mess things up...but like you said I can adapt. Don't let the 'grumpies' get you:)

dakshayaeni likes this.
  3. dakshayaeni

Re: Still working hard to be good Mom, wife, daughter in law and a lots of other thin

:).

You know what, sometimes I feel I am trying to absolve my guilt and failure by such outbursts. Your are quite right my friend that I will just do fine even I mess up a lot of things, but sometimes, when time settles a bit in me and I slow down my pace of activities in all forms, mentally and physically, I cannot help but feel remorseful.

When I return home, am engulfed by tiredness and I react. I hate to; but I do react at the slightest of things especially when she fails to understand at her first few attempts. I know that if such failures happen from my own team, I am quick enough to cover them up and comfort and encourage them, but with my daughter or for that matter my own mother, I don't show any patience.

Probably I take my closed ones for granted. But if possible god pls help me in overcoming this 'guilt'..

4. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

hey good thing to share.
    but let me know how you manage ur time with office and home.
    am feeling it too difficult

5. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Aaaa 'guilt' tell me about it. I should be working even as I type...hehe

1 person likes this.
  6. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

Hey!!!! Its my story, is it not. I think most of us would find the same happening. How much ever I try to put things in place, they would fall messy only. One week I would determine what is the schedule for my daughter, next weeek itself, we would have had a sudden visit to hometown or something else, blah.. blah.. and everyting would be messy.

7. dakshayaeni

Girls! hear this out...

I am off to Jaipur for 10 days from 3rd onwards soooo?

well from 6th annual exam starts he hehe...

Actually I have attend a wedding at my IL place and its a must, hence requested school to pls consider scheduling some of her oral exam when she comes back. And I promised that I will teach her all lessons for her written exam, which I will certainly but then again in my own pace....

Sometimes you have to be on top of time I feel...now now do not put on that naughty smile ladies....

8. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Do enjoy yourself and shop:)

9. dakshayaeni

yesss, thanks lady..