Step 2 : Eating Fruits

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by geetadamle, Nov 15, 2010.

1. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    I am sorry for not posting for a while. I had some issues with my laptop. :( But hey that also means that you all have had enough time to master step 1. Our next step is to eat fruits.

We all know the benefits of eating fruits. But we don't really eat the required quantities of fruits.

FRUIT AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP:-
    As Indians we mostly prepare fresh breakfast. Usually the lady of the house does this. So after you wake up it takes at least half an hour to an hour to prepare and have your breakfast. This keeps us hungry when we wake up. Simple logic is that our body has been resting for the entire night and in the morning when we wake up, we should be starving. So before doing anything else, we should feed our body. This is the time to have fruit. I usually have a banana as soon as I wake up. They say that bananas are high in calories, but bananas also have other valuable nutrients which our body requires. So the best time to eat it is in the morning when your body needs the most energy. EAT SOMETHING NUTRITIOUS AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP.
    So I like to eat heavy fruits like mango, banana in the mornings.

FRUIT LATE IN THE AFTERNOON:-
    The time between lunch and supper (2 hours after lunch and 2 hours before evening meal) is the best time to have another fruit. You can simply grab an apple or orange or any other favorite fruit.

Some important things to remember while having fruits is that :-
    1. FRUIT ON EMPTY STOMACH : Always have fruits on relatively empty stomach. Although fruits have natural sugar in them, sugar is after all sugar for our body, so it will have the same or little lesser effect as having a desert after a meal.
    2. NO FRUIT IS BAD : All fruits have their own nutrients in them. Some fruits are just high in calories. So have lesser portion size of those fruits and have them in the morning as soon as you wake up. Portion control is very important while eating anything. We will see about this aspect in later posts.
    3. FRUITS NOT FRUIT JUICES
    Fruits does not mean fruit juices. Fruit juices do not have fiber. It is best to eat fruit in its original form rather than eating fruit salad, fruit cake or pulps. These forms have many other added ingredients and processing. As much as you process a fruit, its nutrients will disappear. Why complicate a process? Just wash a fruit, cut it or peel it and eat it. :)
    So did you have 2 fruits today?

Stay tuned,
    -Geeta
    Slow and steady wins the race :)

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Nice to read the way you write dear !!!!!!!!!

Healthy eating...Healthy living !!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. shruthims

shruthims New IL'ite

hey lovely tips dear :)