1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Staying in and around University area in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by s280, Jan 9, 2011.

1. s280

s280 New IL'ite

Hello , We will be relocating to charlotte in March ,on a new job, from Jersey City. I dont have much idea about this city. It would be of great help if could you suggest any safe neighbouhood /apartment with some Indian population around and also will be an easy commute to uptown. I have heard a lot about University area but not sure how safe that area is and also whether it has good schools around ( have a daughter of 5 year).<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Staying in and around University area

its a good area and there are good schools there too. lots of indians as well. this is a complex where my brother lived. there is an express bus to uptown that leaves just from outside the complex.

Autumn Park in Charlotte, NC=

but there are lots of other good complexes there too - tradition at mallard creek, addision park (I lived there) to name a few, but autumn park is best if you want to take the express bus to uptown, has spacious apartments and good rent deals too and is very safe as well.

3. s280

s280 New IL'ite

Re: Staying in and around University area

Hi Pmahensa , Thanks a lot for the suggestion , I now feel comfortable taking a decision staying around University area ( Autumn park) , I was a bit sceptical as I saw number of people complaining about safety of that area and mentioned about incidents of car break ins /robberies in their reviews.