1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

staying away from the child..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by geethasangavi, Feb 4, 2011.

1. geethasangavi

geethasangavi New IL'ite

Hi!
    I think many of U might have experienced the feelings of staying away from yr children.
    At that time how would U console yr mind?
    Now I'm with my husband in saudi & my daughter is in India.Often I get her thoughts.
    want yr ideas to make up my mind...

Geetha Kumar.

2. Suriya

Suriya New IL'ite

Dear geetha

I too felt like you when my son was away from me when he was 2 yrs.
    He enjoyed love of grandparents, aunt and uncle. He wouldn't have got
    that much love and affection if he had been with us. All my worries would vanish the moment I think he is in my mothers hands. Now he is with
    us and he misses all those things he got there.

You console yourself by recalling the better things your daughter gets there which you couldn't offer her.

3. geetsun

geetsun Junior IL'ite

Hi Geetakumar, I am also sailing in the same boat but our case is reverse in the sense weboth are here in India andmy daughter is studying abroad. Even though I am also always engaged in her thoughtsonly like you, yet you see if there is some purpose being served that way (in our case purpose is her higher studies to her liking) we have to adjust with this life and let us pray God to fulfil that purpose satisfactorily and make us unite with our kid once the purpose is served. I don't know about you but in my case she is the only child still without any other options I have sent her abroad and am spending my days daily with prayer to God and consoling my mind saying this time will also soon pass. So, in today's world this is not a new thing; with developing technology babies are away from their parents either to study or to get a job of their liking. So, we have to console our mind saying that we are one of such millions of people who are away from their kids for one reason or the other. geetsun:rotfl

4. ilite

ilite Senior IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

I have not stayed without my kids but is there a reason you cannot take your daughter there?
    In any case, I would advise you to take here there ,if you have the option.

regards,
    ilite