1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Staying At Home, Those High Quality Free Programs Work The Best

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Nanali, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

If you’re looking for something for your kid to do during school closure, sign your kids up for beestar.org. I’m a parent of three kids and just started my third kid with Beestar. All of my kids love it. There are programs for all grade levels and all subjects, and even programs to prepare your kids for the SAT. Grade 1 to Grade 8 Math programs and Grade 9-12 SAT Math are free all the time.

Try out: Beestar.org - Exercise Samples

I’ve tried to sign my kids up for many online education programs, but the problem is that after a few weeks, they always lose interest. That was until I signed them up for Beestar, which we are still doing after 4 years. Beestar’s novel concept of a weekly honor roll with trophies and medals at the end of every term sets a cadence that incentivizes students to keep up with their programs every week, for 18 weeks on end. I was very impressed with the way that the weekly honor roll kept my kids motivated, and after their first term with Beestar, they wanted to improve next time to get more trophies and medals. Now instead of me asking my kids to do their Beestar exercises, my kids are asking me to sign them up for more programs in the coming term. I’m so glad that we found Beestar—my kids love it, and they are learning so much.

I’ve never seen any website before like Beestar that kids choose to stick with from first grade all the way to college. Beestar shows just a few examples of students that have spent years and years doing their programs in their Hall of Fame:

Hall of Fame: https://beestar.org/user?cmd=hof&mid=200&div=1

Many of these kids attend top college after doing Beestar for 5 to 10 years.

2. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Beestar programs are a bit on the more advanced and challenging side for most of public school students at first.

3. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Is this only for Houston area students?

4. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Tt is for all students who can use it through internet. I see students om the honor roll from all states and countries.

5. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Thank you.I will sign up.

6. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

I have seen students in my Beestar group from Vietnam, Australia, India, Singapore, UK, and many from different states in US:grinning::banana:

see the Competition Award Winners

7. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Samples of Weekly Exercise [​IMG]

Beestar's weekly programs are designed to progressively build essential knowledge and skills. Practicing for 20 minutes a week, your student will improve his/her math and reading effectively and gain more confidence in the classroom.
    Assessment Tests for Spring 2020

Grade 1

English LA ------Math--------------Vocabulary ----- GT Math
    Sample 1 -------Sample 1---------Sample 1 ------ Sample 1
    Sample 2 -------Sample 2---------Sample 2 -------Sample 2
    Parents need to explain instructions and questions for first graders.

Score Interpretation Table * Score Percent Reference Level
    80% - 100% Excellent
    70% - 80% Good
    60% - 70% Average
    Less than 60% Below Average

8. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Samples of Beestar Weekly Exercise [​IMG]

Beestar's weekly programs are designed to progressively build essential knowledge and skills. Practicing for 20 minutes a week, your student will improve his/her math and reading effectively and gain more confidence in the classroom.

Grade 2
    English: Sample1---Sample2
    Math: Sample1---Sample2
    Science: Sample1---Sample2
    Social St.:-Sample1---Sample2
    Vocabulary: Sample1---Sample2
    Gifted and Talented Math : Sample1---Sample2

Score Interpretation Table * Score Percent Reference Level
    80% - 100% Excellent
    70% - 80% Good
    60% - 70% Average
    Less than 60% Below Average

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  9. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Beestar was the highlight of my weekends throughout my elementary and middle school years. It was exciting for me to complete a new set of exercises every week in many different subjects, and the honor roll provided a fun challenge. Beestar has given me creative thinking skills and provided me with a solid academic foundation, which have continued to prove useful to me in the years to come. I highly encourage all students to join Beestar for an invaluable learning experience that well-equips you for success.
    -- Evelyn Mo, Harvard University Class 2020 (bio)

Beestar helped me develop a fascination with trying new things, be it educational or in life in general. I highly encourage everyone to challenge themselves every day by constantly putting themselves in new environments - growing and developing in the process. Thank you Beestar for the many challenges and such an incredible opportunity!
    -- Brian Spavik, McGill University Class 2021 (bio)

10. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite