1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Starting Project Weightloss

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by shivachoubey, Jan 9, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Finest Blog of Jan 2010 - Winner!

Do you remember the excitement as a child to start and finish a project. When we start and complete anything there is a sense of achievement.

At work I loved documenting my project, I always had my own progress tracking file, to know where I started, where I am going and where I will finish.

Project weight loss can be fun if you decide to start it. Basics are simple but you need to follow them to the T.

For this project you will need

1. Weighing Scale - If you hate to weigh yourself, this is a good place to start. I hated to weigh myself until I decided to loose for good. Most fat people don't weigh themselves. Just by ignoring something will not make it go away. Make it a point to weight yourself twice a week. This will help to prevent any further weight gain, so if you won't loose you will not gain either.

2. Food dairy - A very lethal tool. Before eating mindfully just write down whatever you eat and at the end of the day see how much went inside your stomach. This will also help you to see your weak timezones i.e the time of the day when you are extremely hungry and grabbed anything in sight and stuffed yourself. You can track this in the dairy and prepare yourself.
    For me 6:00 pm was the time, when I was extremely hungry and would love to have a vada pav after office, now I have tofu slice and tea :). And no matter what, I am always prepared for my 6:00 pm hunger. Check out my dairy here The Tale of My 2009 dairy - IndusLadies

3. Good pair of walking shoes - Walking is the best exercise, own a good pair of shoes and make walking your ME time. Let no one disturb you in your walking hour and walk away the pounds.

4. Pre Cooked Meals - I will write a whole article on this one but for now you should always be prepared. I always have something healthy in my fridge to grab and eat when the hunger hits home.

5. Weight Log - I had my weight log on CalorieCount.about.com. If you log your weight when there is 1 KG change, you will be motivated in seeing the chart. Mine is attached below.

6. Believe - This is the most important thing. Believe you will loose weight and believe that you will start and finish this project.

2. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

You are really inspiring me with your blog .. I am now ready to shed off those pounds in this new year .

3. shivachoubey

Hey Maya, Thanx for your appreciation. And all the best with your weight loss.

4. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

very inspiring, i appreciate you for your sincere efforts..congratulations....have seen your before /after you look great now,...i have subsribed to your blog..
    i liked the idea of maintaining food diary and pre cooked meals.

i need ideas for pre-cooked meals..i will be waiting for your blog posts.
    had my baby in nov so have to loose 26 pounds to come to my pre-pregnancy weight and another 8 pounds to come to my ideal weight.

5. shivachoubey

Hi Pranavi,

"A fridge fuul of goodies" post will give you some idea of pre cooked meals that I have. If you still have more questions please do ask me. Thanx a lot for subscribing to my blog. Its good that you have decided the time when you will begin your weight loss. Utilize the time in studying and analyzing your habits and how will you change them in future. Your self research will come in handy when you will start your project weight loss. All the best.

6. vanvas

vanvas New IL'ite

Hi Shivachoubey,
    You are very inspiring.I havent commented to anyone for so long. I am a silent reader in indus ladies. I am trying to lose weight. but nothing is happening. I have seen so many american weight loss blogs and before and after pics. But this is the first indian weight loss blogs i have seen . keep going good luck on your future weight loss.

7. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Wow!!! It is very inspiring to see you how you got through the weight loss journey!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!

Viji

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I cant help saying you are doing a wonderful work here through your blogs:thumbsup. I had his habit of writing down my meals
    and giving me Pass or Fail deoending on my day's meal. But after a few days I got bored and stopped it. Now your food diary:coffee has
    inspired me to scribble down my intakes and I am tracking it from past week after reading your blog.

9. shivachoubey

Good show amihere. Keep it up.

10. sylvia09

sylvia09 New IL'ite

Dear friend...thank you...iam going to reduce my weight...i was only 42 kg when i was in 20's...now iam over weight 62kg eventhough i look slim...i want to reduce 15 kg minimum..let me start from today..thank you..syl.