1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Starting life with a startling “thankyou”!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh, Kamla, silly me!:bonkWhen I saw, it was a post from the only Kamla, I rushed & read the first line in a hurry as
    cookery debacles:hide:
    I almost got a heart attack - well, you are too gentle & I think, my imagination, that second, took a wierd avatar to read like that!!
    In fact I first wrote - I will not refer to him as DH (as if he is one, always) & later, on second thoughts struck it off!! I did'nt realise you would give me "thought-company"!!:rotfl

You are not the only villie, Kamla.Most women are - but you & I admit our trespasses magnanimously!!:idea

If I am not atleast a wee bit naughty, the present young crop of ILites will run a mile away from me!! :-(
    Thanks, my sweet friend.

2. Chitvish

Bunny, now that I am getting to know more polite persons, I hope a wee bit rubs on me too!! Thankyou, bunny!

3. Chitvish

Sunitha, the diamond is just sparkling - I wish I could wear it as a pendant!!:idea
    So, you & Bunny seem to be similar in extra thank you s & sorry s!!
    Now, thank you for coming here!

4. Chitvish

Dear Janani,
    I am glad, the post was so enjoyable to you!!
    In the intial days, if ILites came, he would be 'closeted' in his room.
    Then, when it became a regular feature,, he started 'showing his head'!!:biglaugh

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami:

Humourous post, that one!

Sometimes over-politeness can be annoying, that is, until you get used to it or the same is not expected from you :).

While in the UK where people around are extremely polite compared to many of us in India, I felt I was rather rude. Well, that was initially, later I found it truly tiring being apologetic all the time with my sorrys(mostly:)) and finally I reverted to my old self - and that was so relieving:)

Sindhu

6. Chitvish

Thanks, Sindhu, for coming here!!
    I fully agree with your last few words. We are so "free", only when we are our own selves!!

We are definitely polite to the extent we think, is called for - but to be overly polite to your own spouse, is something I have not been able to develop inspite of such long association!
    Even now, some of his thanks & sorry to me, do irritate me when I am in a "not so good" mood, but I have learnt to just not open my mouth & snap at him!!

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,
    After reigning IL as " Samaiyal Rani " you are becoming the humorous queen !!! A lively and lovely write up !!! Your " ANNN" moments made me:)( mine is " onion moment adhu thani sokakadhai )I just wanted to share my experience here !! Kindly bear with me sorry !!! Vish sir has influenced even by reading your narration !! Now coming to my story, I entered the room with lot of dreams that he Subby would shower me ( I do not want to say DH) no no put an end to your imagination with lot of thanks for sending him agreeting which is very rare in those days. Like Savitri , " Thannilay theniraikka , Thazhimaram neer thelikka' i stepped into the room!!! Wait! I almost swooned ahen he threw this question to me "Who did bonda and Mysore pak when I came to seeyou?"Imagine my status!!!I literally began to:ranthim in my mind for not uttering the word " Thank you "!!! But his questin threw light on one fact that I can win his heart through his stomach !!! So these 41 years I am doing ( if not up to your standard)that job without fail !!! Thank you Chitra for giving me an opportunity to pour my story!!! Sorry for the long feed back.
    with love
    pad

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

So you have definetely decided to keep us entertained....glad that you are back with a bang! Should i say big THANKS ! he he....:biglaugh and become a prim proper LADY or should i go ahead and enjoy all the naughty remarks and konjals , kenjals and :rant you have shared and give a BIG SIGH (of relief!?!) that we all in the same boat!

Enjoyed all the fbs too .....go on being Naughty ....uhm ....i mean Polite ! ( after all aren't we all getting younger day by day!):rotfl:thumbsup

9. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

oh chitra maam, not only you even your co-IL's are more humourous. After reading Padmini maams reply i could not control my laughter:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh. My DD came running to me to know for what i was laughing like that.though embarrassing i did explain to her about your both first night experiences. oh you are really very nice.you & your DH, sorry Mr. Vish remember me of the hero & heroines of Ramani Chandran novels. come more with your Sweet Shocks and Sweet surprises maam. Its my humble request.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  10. Chitvish

Dear Padmini,
    :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    So we both got an idea about what was expected of us:
    I had to be extra polite - normal politeness will not be enough.
    You were expected to make samayal perfectly - perhaps the tiffins offered to him at the pen parkal was not upto his standard??:idea
    Very enjoyable narration with you entering cinematically & he greeting practically!:hide: