1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Starting life with a startling “thankyou”!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

How can I not thank you?? You are voiceferous in IL, how come, you are silent in front of Harsha???:idea

You write

when i speak , then problems will start, for i will talk when salt is less or spices etc.

Vish generally says , like

Next month when you buy grocery, cut down the salt by 1 kg!!

Hint is given that either one dish is a wee bit only salty!!
    He can be as sarcasic as polite!!
    Thanks for coming here, Ji!!

2. Chitvish

Oh, ho ho !!
    So you let the cat off the bag :biggrin2:
    Hope you behave yourself & do not call for an archanai often!!
    Have I opened your pandora box???:hide:

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear chithra mam,

annalum nokkavillai
    Naanuum nokkivallai!

So that was an ANNN moment, no wonder you did not reply to my ANAN moment? I was quite disappointed that neither you nor Cheeniya sir responded to my special request of fbs from senior citizens, you know. Anyways…:)

Now, from the way I begin this sentence don’t get overly shocked. On wedding night, as soon as I entered the room, he greeted me with a warm “Thank you”! I almost swooned because I had just entered and nothing had “happened” for him to thank me for

:rotfl

. Well, I weakly smiled (perhaps vaguely too) because I did not want to reply “my pleasure” or “you are welcome” more because both these terms can be (mis)interpreted, in a less polite, but naughty way too!

:rotfl:rotfl you ARE naughty!!!!

Vish sir does seem to be what you call a "Gentleman" and a "splendid" one at that ,so no wonder all your friends think so well of him.

Btw you have made me a wee bit curious...what does such a well mannered man say to all those mouth watering recipes of yours? After all he must be the lucky first one to test them, no?

I am sure he graciously says" thank you, Chithra.. I am indeed very lucky to have got you in my life"

Now, you MUST share such things too with all of us, you know (not only the salt is less comments.):):)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

Very very lovely post.

//I did not want to reply “my pleasure” or “you are welcome” more because both these terms can be (mis)interpreted, in a less polite, but naughty way too!//:biglaugh:biglaugh

But for your beautiful photos I would have never believed that you are aged.

You are such an energetic lady filled with youthful thoughts:bowdown

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Like your cookery delectables, even your snippets are delicious!

Haha Chitvish, one thing we have in common. Even I am not all that keen to mention hubby as DH, for at times, he is anything but that!!

Loved the way your first night started. You are sooooo naughty, that makes you even more endearing!:)

Yes ma'm, keep them (snippets) coming, feels good to compare notes and not feel like a 'villie' in the partnernship!! :coffee

It seems Kasturba has often said that it was not easy to be married to a Mahatma! How can I doubt that respected lady?! Helps to remember that when I have to deal with my own gentleman at home.:)

Like it or not, you get a big Thank You from me for entertaining me so fully!

L, K

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ma,
    I myself have the same habit as Vish Sir.... I cant rest till I complimented or thanked or accepted my mistake I dont know why but I guess we are very sensitive to others feelings thats the way of life for us....

Um Thanks for clearing my self doubt whether I am weird n assuring me there people like me.....:hide:

7. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear chitra aunty

I loved this post of yours......could not stop laughing at all when you cited so many instances when you heard unexpected thankyou's and not at all expected sorry's:rotfl:rotfl

But those two small words have made a great impact in your life....is'nt it ? May be i have some genes far related to Vish sir bcos my friends and relatives tease me for using these two words innumerous times. Actually i just cannot be myself if i dont tell them atleast softly for fear of them imitating me before even i utter.

Whether accepted or not...these two small words do make anyone who hears them a lot more happier....i feel so. They are the first words of respecting the other persons around them. Now vish sir ..in my mind...is a precious diamond...[​IMG]

and it is (this) his beautiful habit which has made your love stronger !!!!!!!

LOVVVVVED this post of yours !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  8. Chitvish

Dear, dear Mindi,

Now you know why I did not reply you!! I had plans to write about this if & when my entry to snippets takes shape. About C sir,
    Yaam ondrum ariyen paraaparamae!!

[
    No, never has he said that! If I need his comment, I literally have to 'pidungufy' words from his mouth for me to get an assessment about the dish!
    If he had been even mildly romantic, I would be floating in love, continuously!! The most matter-of-fact person stingy with money & words!!
    Like many husbands do, he never tells me what to cook on any given day!! I feel so jealous of my friend who says
    innikku avar thippili rasam kettar
    inniku avar keerai panna chonnar!

I just plan menu myself!! Ivar thaan ketkave maattare!!

9. Chitvish

BBelieve me, Raba - I am a gundu mylapore mami, 70+, grey hair et al. If you meet me anywhere by chance, you won't even give me a second look!!:hide:

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithu,
    Very nicely worded lovely snippet!
    Absolutely hilarious and enjoyable to the maximum!
    The only time I have come home I did not realise he was there at all!
    Evalavu quiet!
    How can I ever 'Thank you' for making me smile!