1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a new life.... Need tipes:)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Mar 28, 2010.

1. divs

divs New IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

Congrats on taking charge of your life. I've followed some of your threads and I must say you are a very, very brave girl :thumbsup Wish you the very best in this new phase of your life.

I second vidhkarthik's idea about you maintaining a blog.

I would love to read about your experiences in B&H and Darfur. Am sure many others on IL would too. Think about it. I'm sure your blog will have lots of very avid readers. :)

Good Luck!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear Tugga,
    Great to hear that your life is going well and smoothly.Yes,its not fun to just be a home maker if you are not used to it.However you can use this time to do many useful things.
    • Since you are TTC please join a yoga class.That will help before,after and during pregnancy.
    • Every morning when you wake up make a resolution that I will do one thing useful today.
      • eg:tutor poor kids or domestic help's kids as they cannot pay for that.
      • go to a nearby orphanage or old age home to volunteer.
      • If you see shops using kids as employees report that.
      • If you see corruption report it to newspapers /channels..write them emails they usually respond.
      • if you see unhygenic conditions report it to the municipalty and if they don't do anything report to the newspapers
    With your background social service and doing good for the people of your area will not be a problem.

If this seems a little too much then maybe tutoring kids may help you make your day productive.

Good Luck
    FL.

3. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Yeap, I can think about it... Thanks a lot for this idea:)

I have just started reading other blog entries now.. Will surely write mine sometimes soon:)

Not sure how far I can go with the other things, but I will definitely consider helping small kids for their education and other protection related matters. I am in contact with many children homes in India, hence I believe I can help our street kids to find a home.

When I was working in India for a short term project, I used to help street kids, and child labours to find a safe home through child probation authorities. I did this as part of my work, but I can definitely continue this type of activities on my own capacity as well:)

Thanks for this idea:)

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

I take deliberate short breaks between projects, and during the offtime, I take up my hobbies seriously. Not sure what are your other interests.. See if any of the below is your cup of tea..
    - I do pencil sketches, oil painting etc..
    - I run few blogs (not in IL but in blogspot).
    One is about educational games for kids, one on cooking..and like..
    one on Novels..(May be you should consider this.. you have tons of experience both in career front and emotional front.. others could learn from your experience).

- Take up music lessons.. or dance classes.. like an exercise for mind and body..

- I update myself technically if the tech is interesting.. so may be you can think something in the lines of your career - like looking at it as 'shaping your career at your pace in the luxury of your home..'

I am a cleanliness freak.. and tend to get organised in most of the things.. so I have a structure to my day.. that really helps me to get through the day with less frustration. Sticking to a schedule will eliminate the surprise factor and hence the anxiety since I know what is expected out of me for that day and what needs to be done on my part to get there however trivial it may be. If you fall into this category, chalk out your typical day and set interesting short term goals so you will get a sense of accomplishment and NOT feel as though you are wasting your time idly..

ALL THE VERY BEST! :thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Good luck with your new beginning!!!!

Why don' to try to help an non profit organization. Helping others especially under privilaged children and women make us feel good about our self.

Peace Be with you. :coffee