1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a new life.... Need tipes:)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Needless to say, you have been so helpful during the most hardest phase of my life.
    I was an emotional idiot sometimes back, and cried off for everything. My love and emotions made me so vulnerable and it took me a while to bring back my energetic personality. Nevertheless, I managed to see the light at the end of my tunnel.:thumbsup Yes, my life is getting back to normal, and I am so happy about it. YOU ARE THE ONLY REASON BEHIND MY SUCCESS.:thankyou2:

Now I am on the transition phase from a very career oriented life to a charming home maker type life.

As you know, I have resigned my job and moved back to India to start a family life with him. Things are going smoothly, and we have managed to find a house and needful furniture to start our home. Since my DH and ILs are keen on astrology, they requested me to wait until Mid April to start our life in that new home, as it seems there are some auspicious time during 18 or 19th April. I have no problems with it, hence we are moving around for shoping and trips with friends for the time being.

My DH will start his new job from 1 April 2010. (Though his salary will be relatively lower than the previous one, we are happy and content with whatever we have for now, and I don't have a plan to look for jobs in India immediately as we have decided for TTC now. Also, I need some break after having spent 1+ years in that terrible Darfur. I will consider job opportunities after 1 or 2 years with UN in any family stations, where I can go with my DH and kid).

OK.. Now I want your advice on how to start a new life as a home maker. I don't think this phase will go smoothly, as I have never sat at home for more than 2-3 days in my life. I was always busy with my job, and travelling and this is going to be my first break afate a looooooong waiting.

I know there are a few ways to keep you busy, like cooking, and starting new hobbies... Not sure I can catch up them easily:bonk

I am not a good cook, but not a bad cook either. I am interested in cooking, hence I grab recepes from my mom, MIL, and of course from the internet. I will try them out for sure.:thumbsup

I am sure, I will have to clean and arrange my home to keep it neat. I am more into that stuff, and hence I need some extra time to complete my cleaning tasks.

Internet, DVDs, magazines, and playing with neighboring kids can take some of my free time apart from my cooking, washing, cleaning tasks.

But I am still worried about my home maker life? Will I ever suit to this life? :idontgetit:

Ladies, kindly pour your ideas and success stories on how you managed to start a homely life after having a tight career? How to spend my times interestingly at home?:thankyou2:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010

2. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I am happy to know you have started a new life which u like..

I would suggest you to have some home based business that will make you rich and also make you to spend the time useful.

Like making embroidery, making art crafts..

3. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear Sujatha,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I did think about home based small business idea sometimes back, and I do have knowledge and ideas in this regard, as I was graduated in Business Management (MBA). However, I personally don't think this is the right time to implement any new ideas, as my life has just back to normal after a huge Tsunami... I will definitely consider this idea after sometimes, and let you know how it goes.

4. tictactoe

tictactoe New IL'ite

Dear Tugga,

You need to surround yourself with positive thoughts always.. You may get bored or tired but you need to distract that by doing interesting things.. like try pursuing a hobby.

I really envy you since you are enjoying the benefits of being a home maker now and my life is a struggle to be a normal homemaker.. its really relaxing for you. Now is the time to smell the roses..
    tictactoe Chillout!

5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Tugga,

I am not experienced enough to give you tips on this regard...but I well know how hard the transition will be.

• Keep yourself busy with household chores.
    • Don't forget to go out for a walk or at least to the nearby shop or temple/church.
    • Try to develop a hobby - you can enroll in a fine arts class or learn a sport - something that interest you.

After taking all your suggestions, I sorted out a plan for me. Next week I am enrolling in a dance class. I want sometime outside my home. Now I couldn't sit at home, no one to talk with and always worrying about my mom. So I started going out to the nearby market which gives me so much happiness and also I buy good fresh vegetables. I started doing fabric painting and glass painting. I told my mom what I want to do in my life sternly. Feel good now..... :)

I am so happy for you Tugga. You will make this too....Hope you enjoy this phase of your life! :thumbsup

6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

@ Tictactoe

Thanks for your response. I will surely try to find a hobby for me.

@ Mithy

Glad to hear that you have moved on a bit from your family struggles. Also thanks for your tips. I shall follow them immediately:). I hope this phase of my life will bring happiness and peace to my mind

7. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Hey Tugga - Congrats on your well deserved break.

Let me be upfront with you here. This is my experience and am sorry if this does not apply to you, am just assuming from what I read that you crave for career enhancement/path like me - These breaks especially for someone like you who is career oriented will be amazing for 1-1.5 yrs. So...Enjoy it while it lasts. After that you will start craving for excitement and work outside the confines of your home. Its just that you are wired to be a career women.

Do not overdo your cooking, cleaning bit. If you start cooking delicacies everyday, You will tire out in a few days (Well..I did :) ) I love cooking - but I guess moderate cooking helps me sustain it. If I make an elaborate meal one day, am tired and do not cook for 2 days. :) The stuff that worked for me without me getting into a " Am bored sitting at home mode" are:

1. Decent cooking - 2 items every day. Some days I used to splurge.
    2. Eat out and make time with husband as much as possible. We both enjoy eating out and we made use of that time to check out different cuisines.
    3. I read many books, not necessarily fiction and used the time to learn about many new things and enhance my limited knowledge on certain topics I was interested in.
    4. Hiked, walked, exercised - basically developed my fitness levels. Since you are in India, check out Yoga.
    5. Do not sit at home all the time girl. Step out - Movies, hangouts, temples(churches) wherever. Have fun.
    6. Start a blog about your unique experiences in UN. It will be good for others to read and am sure you will find it rewarding too.

Thats all I can think of for now. Enjoy the break.

8. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

Let me share my own experience.

1. Be proud to be a home maker. Becoz U r the ultimate boss.

2. As u are relocating, involve yourself on decorating your home with flowers, wall hangings, thorans, and many more. You will have satisfaction on doing each activity

3.Try new attempts on everything u do. eg. Cooking, Gardening, Cleaning. It makes ur mind always fresh & busy.

4.Get Internet Connection and start browsing on IL on different topics and give your feedback.Most important is read all the topics as much as you can. Your Time will get pass ansd you will get more knowledge on craft,mehendi, cooking,skin care and many more.

5. Organize your self for 8 to 10 Hrs busy with anything and everything

Many are there which i follow everyday makes me happy.

I am enjoying this homely life.

Sugi

9. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Hello
    I recently left my job after years of working and I definitely agree that you are going to have way way more time in your hands that it could be frustrating. I would recommend that you find any means to keep you busy. You can do whatever you love but dont overdo it cos this time is so precious and you need to make the best use of it with your DH. Ensure that whatever activity you are doing is only done when he is away from home at work.

- I love reading and writing... so I have started spending a lot more time in the library and also writing my blogs.
    - Complete all your household chores, taking care of yourself etc when your DH is at work so when he comes back you get to spend a lot more time with him
    - Prepare for some career growth exams etc that you have always wanted to do, so when you get back to work you are equipped for the competitive market
    - Call friends home and host parties
    - If you are a cleanliness, organizing freak like me you can spend hours doing bargain shopping and then coming back home and giving your home a whole new look every month (to add some spice in your room) :thumbsup Small changes could bring a lot of excitement (Change candles and light them up when he comes back, change your sheets and color scheme of your room unexpectedly.. etc)

I am still learning but I am sure you will do perfectly fine.. Welcome to being a home maker and try to enjoy every moment of it.

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your wonderful advises ladies:)

I know... This is what exactly happened to me during last week. When I was at my momma's house, I took over the kitchen for one day and started doing all the cooking/cleaning stuff since morning. The outcome came nicely, and everyone appriciated the way I cooked, cleaned and changed the place in one day, but I felt damn tired, and slept for the next couple of days with tarrible back pains. I didn't even want to go to that kitchen anymore as I was tired enough:((((

I will follow all your advises and see how this goes:))) Thanks dear for taking time to respond my question.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010