1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a Business queries/suggestions

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by rachanasuchit, Dec 10, 2009.

1. rachanasuchit

rachanasuchit New IL'ite

Hi,

I am on a H4 visa right now and I would like to start a business here in USA. I had been working in the retail sector for more than 2 yrs in India before I moved to Nj, America, 6 months back after I got married. I have all the right contacts and a good idea to start a business here.
    But my problem is my visa status. Since I can not start a business on my visa I am looking for ideas to work around this obstacle and would like your ideas and suggestions to make my dream come true.
    Should I just start an online store although the products I am selling would be better to touch and feel than just to look and buy. Do any of you have an online business and what would be your advice?
    Could I have a small gallery in my house itself?
    Or if any of you ladies have the interest and would like to be a silent partner and hire me to do everything else or even start something together?

And if there are any of you ladies who are in the same situation as me and would like to touch base to generally discuss this..
    please do touch base with me.

Thanks in advance for any support/encouragement/advice.

Regards

2. rinksimran

rinksimran New IL'ite

Hi Rachna,

I myself have been thinking about something along the same lines. I used to work in PA before, but now im thikning about starting a home based small business as i moved to VA.
    Just wanted to bounce of ideas with you, what kinda business are you thinking of? Do you need a partner?
    Im pretty sure you should be able to sell your products online, if thats how you want to start it. You could start off by either ebay or amazon. Or even creat a website. A small home gallery is okay, depending on the product.

It would be good to hear back from you.

-Simran

3. rachanasuchit

rachanasuchit New IL'ite

Hi Simran,

Thanks for replying. And I do have a lot of ideas, i was thinking of either just having a clothes boutique, as I do know a supplier who might be interested and I was also thinking of either having a boutique with just very Indian contemporary products, such that the products are attractive to even non-indians hence having a bigger market for the products.

Would love to chat with you more, about your ideas... if you are on facebook/orkut..look me up and add me "rachana prabhu".

Tc,

Rachana

4. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Did you start the business?