1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Starry roof inside the house!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Varloo, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

We stayed at a hotel in Madurai recetly. During the night, we were pleasantly surprised to see that the roof is glowing like the sky - with a half moon, a satellite, a planet and many stars thrown. It was very nice. The 'sky' did not show much during the day time.
    Yesterday we visited the exhibition at Kamaraj grouds, Chennai and saw that there was a collection of those stickers available there. I have bought a pack and am planning to stick that on the roof in the bedroom soon.
    Anybody has any idea?

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    This is a trend now.I saw one of those kinda bedrooms in my neighbours place.They had drawn stars, planets using radium kinda stuff to glow in the night, when all the lights were put off.It was very nice !!
    And for the kids they had drawn mickey , minney, tom n jerry nad other cartoon characters along with stars.When enquired they had the architect/builder design that way.Its a painting done with radium and some other thing..(i forogt the name).Its little costly i guess.

The sticker stuff is new to me.If we can get stickers.. good then i'm planning to buy them too...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aishu and Varloo,

Nowadays its becoming a common thing to decorate the roof with those stickers.

Here when I first moved into the apartment....during the day I did not notice it. But at night it was a pleasant sight when the lights were switched off. The previous occupants of this house had that stuck beautifully.

When U get those stickers..do stick one on or near the switch of the lights, that u will use first when u wake up.....the glow will be helpful specially if u have to get up in the midnight.

bye

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Hi Varloo,

I saw this in my brother's house.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I have bought the Starry set and also the Solar System set.. They look lovely. I am planning to paint my house only then I will fix them. Till then, I keep looking at them. They look wonderful. Varloo, its a very old concept here in Mumbai.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,

I didn't know that this trend is catching up in India. You always are good at giving info about the latest trends and bends in India!
    Also, you amaze me with your enthusiasm! Good for you, I wish you many hrs of happy gazing at the high sky..even if indoors!
    My younger daughter is the family artist and a dreamer, I guess you already know that, I have mentioned it before! She had decorated her room's ceiling with these stars and moon etc and it was a great attraction to all who visited our home and her room, as it was still a new concept those days! She also insisted on a sheer flowing drapes to crown her bed and covered her furniture decorative paper with stars and moon and other heavenly stuff! It was a pretty room fit for my princess indeed!

L, Kamla

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Great info Its nice you are all sharing the trends and everything
    Can anyone tell me where it is sold in Chennai. I can tell to my brothers family. Thanks

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi AC,

It is sold in the platforms in T.Nagar. I even see some in local stationery shops..

9. vijirajeshwar

vijirajeshwar New IL'ite

Its damn cheap. Doesnt cost more than 100 bugs.. It is available through out T.Nagar road side shops..

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I see that this concept is liked by many. I loved it when we were in the hotel. I usually like to watch the stars at night, like to sit on the terrace. But hubby does not share my interest.
    So this is the next best option. Now I have to find someone to fix it on the roof. With 2 tall men in the house, I need to look for people from outside to do it.
    Thanks to all of you.