1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stamped Out By Progress

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Jan 23, 2010.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Pad,

I agree with this : E-mail is a necessity in business and life, but it is no replacement for letter writing.When we die, our e-mail exchanges may vanish into thin air, other than perhaps in the archives of Yahoo or Google or, if friends store such things, in their own storage."

I did not think of that aspect... I wonder what happened to my late FIL's account? I must open it and see...

2. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Oh Balajee,

I can't believe that a Telegraph office has closed down! Have we progressed so much? But then again, seeing the fantastic growth of mobile communication sector, I suppose, it is inevitable. You are right. Even the ordinary stamps we have will be treated as collector's items soon! As for the future generations... Out of sight IS out of mind!

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

We are the in the Twilight Zone between the dead and the living... may be frantically holding on to the dying...scared to let go!

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi K,
    I wanted to write 'hi feduptocore' but not before knowing why such an intriguing handle? So here goes: Why feduptocore? And, feduptocore about what? Definitely not blogging, as I can see.

yes, I come from a family of collectors....two of my brothers are numismatists and philatelist. My maternal grandpa was one big collector of stamps... My kids collected with our help but abandoned their interest when studies became a priority!
    I have hundreds of cassettes too and now I am trying to learn the technicalities of converting them into computer files... and then write them on CDs... as MP3 files.