1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

stammering again...I am just so worried

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by DGcreative, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

My 2.7 yr son is back to stammering/stuttering again. I am just so worried....He has also started to sleep much less...last whole week I've been checking with his creshe & they told he is not sleeping at all there....& yet at home he sleeps only after 10.30 - 11 pm. I normally create sleeping atmosphere from 10 onwards but he just doesnt want to sleep.......could his stammering/stuttering be coz of less sleep...if so how do I make him sleep??

2. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well, i am a born stammerer of 43 years, i would suggest u visit the online site "the stammering association of india"- TISA , u can get in in google search or facebook, the only remedy, he has to undergo speech therapy. meeting others like him can give hime some hope. support from family and freinds are important. u can consult a doctor also

3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

HI DG,
    Yes, lack of sleep can cause poor speech-How many hours of sleep does he get normally? Has there been any change recently in his routine? Adjusting to change can create some anxiety in the child, and impact both sleep and the stammer.