1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sridhar's Birthday

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 31, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar's Birthday

2. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

That was one heavy dose for this week.

I am really in awe by your comparison of God with a mother, a doctor. So simple to understand God yet we don't.

I completely surrender to the concept of "Life is a dream". I read somewhere that Like a dream, Life also brings good and bad happenings. But do we really get affected by our dreams? Not really. So is life. We need to learn to not get carried away by Life's wordly pleasures and also not get depressed by miseries. Its just a dream.

Thank you for the wonderful post.

Love,
    Aruna

3. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir!

I have been eagerly waiting for this day to read about "Sridhar's Birthday," but when I completed reading it, my mind is numb, my thoughts are saturated, could not question or argue about anything!!! I am feeling full, tranquilized!! Could not thank you enough for the enlightenment you have given me!!! Waiting eagerly to read the feedbacks of other ILs.

Regards, Janani Natarajan

4. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

Was eagerly waiting to read this today. Was late to office and could read it only now.

Iam just speechless........ Thank you for this.
    Let me read it again and again and again.............

Will come back sometime later to post my comments.

regards
    Shobha

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,

I am completely moved to the narration of life as a dream. I feel very heavy as everyone. Thank you uncle.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    What my namesake told in the 1st post a heavy does, it is really a very heavy dose.
    1st Rakhee's words so touching and emotional but still at that age such an understanding, and so true.
    Then the boons of Sridhar a real selfless person even the angel and God had to bow in front of him.
    And the kid's dream is nothing but the love between the disciple and his Lord
    A wonderful post to read early in the morning.

7. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I prostrate before you. Did you read my mind from such a far distance...........miles and miles we are so apart from each other but i felt as if you are there in front of me and reading my thoughts...........I got an answer to each and every question of mine.
    To tell you the truth feel like a beautiful lamp is glowing in front of me when i was surrounded by darkness.
    This post is my treasure..........all my vain.........the words "yes i did it" and "it happened becos of me" i swear never again to repeat it again........
    The way Rakhi has mustered courage to live her life...her decision on remarrying is so practical. The last narration between Sridhar's soul and the angel is so so beautiful...........makes me think can I be as humble as Sridhar ji.

My mind is so full of respect for you.........so far away from each other but Sir you are imparting into me knowledge from which i was miles away.

Can i lead a life so that i can be atleast 0.01% closer to him is what my mind is thinking.

The most beautiful post i have ever read...and never will i forget any words from this post.......

Love,
    Parvathi.

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridharji,
    I read the blog first thign in morning after coming to office, but was at a lose of words to post here.
    While reading it I had the same doubt as Maran about life being a dream or the entire life being a Maya.But you have cleared it well with the story of the Dad and son, still something in me refuses to believe about it.
    Still questions why God does somethings this way when he could have done it in a better way. At times I try to
    say things to my mind to convince it but after sometime I find myself questioning again.
    For eg: I dont believe in hell and heaven but that our deeds will be paid off in the same life itself. So when I think why some gem of a person are made to suffer and why a stone hearted ***** has all the luxuries in his life
    I say that the bad person here doesnt lead a life with peace though in mid of all luxuries ,so he is virtually in a
    living hell, but what about the one doing all good deeds? I know you have answered this many many times in different blogs in different ways still I cant help wonder why?

9. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Iam verymuch moved by your story today, from few months i was busy and was not following your writeups but today i though i have to go through as my mood was off. And here you made me cry and cry appa.

these below sentences made me cry for a long long time. i remembered my mother who left us alone 10yrs back and saint saibaba words.

"Everything went so quickly. And I felt so much. I was scared, full of joy, there was fear and hope. And so many times I felt helpless. And a lot of the time I felt so lonely.

Worst of all dad, I didn't know where you were. I kinda knew you were there somewhere and I kept calling out for you.

In fact sometimes I gave up hope and told myself that you didn't exist at all. But deep down I had a feeling you were somewhere.

As I grew older I stopped searching for you out there and started looking within. Which was strange really but I kinda felt you were a part of me dad just as I was a part of you. It was full on dad and then I just woke up!"

Thankyou very much for this story i always think of death but you had given a beautiful meaning for it. you r gr8.

may god bless u for ever,
    your loving gf cum dd.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,

I think i am going to avoid reading your posts for sometime, though they are enlighting.

Going through them is like taking a heavy dose of medicine when I cannot handle it.

Rumi, everything else pales in front of his wisdom.

Love