Sri Sathya Sai Baba's Birthday 23rd Nov.

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by krishnaamma, Nov 20, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vanaja,

Thank you for your information. But you could have told this before ? :-( Today is 28th let me try my luck. Any how you are a :yes::clap:clap very very lucky person.

2. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Sai Ram everyone

The Birthday celebrations of Swami were celebrated by all Sai centres throughout South Africa on Friday. The seva our centre did was to distribute 100 food hampers to needy families. We had Gayathri havan and 1 1/2 hour bhajans. A Sai youth who attended the World conference in July this year gave a touching talk of her and her family's relationship with Swami especially all the little things that he has taken care of across the miles after the death of her father many years ago, materialising vibuthi and murthis for them, allowing their dog to live an extra day after he was mauled by bigger dogs and even sending a peacock for them during Hanuman prayers! She wore the sari that Baba had given for them during the conference, one of three.
    In fact her mother also bakes the best eggless cakes and does lovely icing flowers and this time too she baked 3 cakes for Baba's birthday. (pity don't have a picture of the cake!)
    The national radio station Lotus FM also had an hour of bhajans from 5 - 6 am. All centers had massive crowds attending.
    It was a very uplifting experience for all of us as the year draws to a close year and I hope next year we can do more of Swami's work and put his teachings into practice.

The fotos are of Mayuri and I at the ashram on the 3/11/07 when we celebrated 22 years of the Northdale Sai Centre.

Attached Files:

3. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Dear Neesha,

Nice to see you and Mayuri.Glad to hear abt the experiences and wonderful to note that there are many Sai centers in SA.

Regards,

Asha

4. krishnaamma

Hi Neesha,

It is nice to hear about The Birthday Celebrations of Swami, in South Africa. Both the photos are cute. Thanks for sharing your experience here with us. :hatsoffto you People

of South Africa for to follow our customs.

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Vanaja and other friends

Do u beleive me, if i say, even we people saw Baba's face on 22nd and 233rd............TRUST ME..........MY CHTPA CALLED me by 11.30 and ask me to come out and see LORD BAB FACE IN THE MOON........and i ran alone and i saw him ...........turst me.......

I was in dilemma whether to write this..........will u people beleive me........

Thank u very much Vanaja for sharing this...................

latamurali

6. krishnaamma

Super Lata,

It is a great thing. You are also lucky.:clap

7. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

I was little hesitant to post this since I do not know the Sai followers in our forum. When I saw you thread for wishing Swami, I decided to post it there.

I want to clarify one thing that seeing Swami in the moon is not the matter of 'luck'. It is the matter of fact. Anybody in the world can identify Swami in the moon, because that was real and looked natural.

If not this full moon, let us try seeing Swami next full moon day too. Hope He gives darshan. If not, I think that must be His B'day special.

regards,

Vanaja

8. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Latha,

As I have written to Krishnamma, Swami's Darshan in the Moon is the matter of fact. Not only you and me, millions of people have witnessed this darshan. We are all blessed souls to receive His grace.

9. krishnaamma

Dear Vanaja,

Actually I am not a Sai Devotie but my dearest friend and my mother's cusin - sister are Devoties of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. So remembering them I started this thread. My friend, Mrs. MalathyVaradharajan (she is also one member in IL) my padosi, used to visit Sundaram regularly and she used to go for service in Puttaparthi. So often she will talk about Swami and she use to give prasadams. Even though I am not a devotie like her Sri Sathya Sai Baba came in my dream two times and talked with me. Whenever I am suffering from my back pain badly I used to get Thirupathi prasadam from Govinda and Swami's prasadam. I used to feel that he is blessing me through sombody.
    SAI RAM.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Krishnamma,

Very nice to hear. Though you are not a devotee of Baba, He takes care of you fully. He is - Universal Mother.