Sri Sadaiudaiyar Temple

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by paanzaa, Nov 23, 2008.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

This is not Udayaneri Perumal (which is near Sankar Nagar), but of Sadaudaiyar koil, which is near Kallidai Kurichi. The Sastha you are mentioning is Kalkurichi Sastha (on the banks of a big tank) and the Amman koil you are asking for is Vayakattu Amman in Palamadai.

2. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Kizh ambur has a Shiva Temple. The first 15 days of English month Sri.Sailam- 04634252518/ 9994769390/9360616422.

3. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for this information....

4. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Bala Jadathari Sastha is a deity with a flagstaff which signifies protection against evil... like Dhandayuthapani.

5. vkartick

vkartick New IL'ite

I never thought this swamy would be popular on the net.Anyways he has his ways for reminding us to do what is due to him and take it in a timely manner.Thank you all for the pics and a healthy discussion

1 person likes this.
  6. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Blessed and so be it...if you remember Sri Chinna Maadan at times of challenges...He is there.

7. ramyashrinivas

ramyashrinivas New IL'ite

Sri Sadaiudaiyar Temple is my husband's kula daivam. After reading so much about the history and the miracles, I feel sad that women cannot visit the temple. I am curious to know why? Can anyone throw light?

8. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

The area where the temple is situated is in the midst of paddy fields. The present temple is constructed on a piece of land donated by the Singampatti Zamin. It is very curious indeed, to know the other fact that Harijan women are the ones who initiate the worship during Thai Vellikizhamai.

9. srsmanian

srsmanian New IL'ite

I was there during the 1st Thai masam Friday celebrations - during the day - this year - what an experience - Great feeling - i make it a point to go there every year during Thai masam

I also have a feeling there is a lot of politics going on between the Komarthakar family and the people who have formed a trust and started collecting money to do something for the temple.

changes observed - the flooring in the main temple has been changed - they have built two or three rooms for the devotees to relax

Love

Manian

10. srsmanian

srsmanian New IL'ite

Hi- the photos are excellent - can i have the deity photo in high resolution ?