Sri Ramanuja, the Srivaishnava saint and social Reformer

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Aug 16, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malyatha,
    I was really surprised to see your FB ( feed back) today. I completed this post long time back. I have also posted The Twelve Azwars in my blog. You can find all my posts if you visit my personal page.
    I am glad to hear that your grandpa was a contributor to Nursimhapriya. I'll try to post Sri Swami Desikan's life history also.Now I am writing the Sthala puranam of Melkotta temple. I have also posted the story of Thirumalai Venkatachalapathi.
    Thank you for your FB. Feed backs motivates a writer to achieve higher goals.
    Love,
    PS

2. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Thank you, madam. I had to go back a few pages in your blog to find the Azhwar write-ups but enjoyed reading all of the articles on them. Looking forward to learning more about Thiru Narayana Puram from you. Thank you again!

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you PS. GOD BLESS..................

4. socalgal

socalgal New IL'ite

Hi Pushpavalli,

Thanks for posting this I throughly enjoyed reading about Sain Ramanujam.

Socalgal

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear socalgal,
    Thank you for reading and enjoying the story of Sri Ramanuja and for your fb.
    Love,
    PS

6. ABCI

ABCI New IL'ite

Dear Madam

It was a well written blog bringing out various minute details. This is the first time I am reading about Sri Ramanuja and feel blessed to know about the great saint. I am fascinated about your memory in remembering so many details; presumably what you have thoroughly enjoyed knowing it.

Best wishes

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear ABC1,
    This was the first serial I wrote in IL and my friend Sriniketan was instrumental in writing this.
    Due to my old age my memory is diminishing and after refering to books written by different writers, once again I refresh my memory.

I thank IL for giving me this opportunity to share these treasure troves with all.

Love,
    PS

8. JayashriKrishna

JayashriKrishna New IL'ite

Dear chitti,

I glanced through your "Sri Ramanuja,..." and it is excellant giving all important details. I am very proud of you. But did you stop it in the middle? I also went through your introductory article on "Kanchi Periawal"

Jayashri :thumbsup

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jayashri,
    Thank you for visiting my blog and for your compliments. I completed Acharya Ramanuja's life history. Please keep track of 'Kanchi Periyava' every Monday.
    Love,
    PS

10. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear PS mam,

Today only I read your article on Sri Ramanuja. In fact I was searching your blogs for some time and yesterday only I saw this thread here . You have written beautifully after much research. and I found it quite enjoyable to read it.

I have one doubt mam. I went to Srirangam about a month back and I saw the sannidhi of ramanujar and it was told that they have preserved his real body (something like mummy) . In fact the priest there explained that they take out the body and embalm every six months and he even told that the nails grow very very minutely in milli meter etc. In your article you have written that the sculpture was made three days before his death and he sanctified the statue and then it was installed. If so is it his body preserved or a statue made by humans? Can you please clarify that?

Ps- I have been to melakotte also and have seen the idol there at thirunarayana puram .

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010