Sri Ragavendra

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by raji_siv, Jan 22, 2009.

1. BlrRaghavendra

BlrRaghavendra New IL'ite

Dear Mr N Sairam,

Very nice to read your post - Thanks for sharing

2. BlrRaghavendra

Dear Mr Sairam,

Thank you - I will follow this

I am also interested in knowing the poojas - Could you pls share it later

Thank you
    Krishna

3. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

Thank you N.Sairam,

You are indeed fortunate! How far is Triplicane from Chennai? And Mantralayam? And do you know anything about West Tambaram? i am not at all familiar with Chennai, but I can read a map! What i really wish to know is : The time taken to travel to these places by automobiles?
    Where can i get some mittrika? (Apart from Mantralaya)
    Hope someone knows!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

FYI, you can go to this page and download the Stotra , mantra, and the history of Sri Raghavendra :thumbsup

Patwari

5. BlrRaghavendra

Thank you Kavita ji

6. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Kavitha,

Mantralayam is situated in kurnool district of Andra pradesh. It is the place where Raghavendra swamigal attained Samadhi and it has become the Holy shrine for all the Rayaru devotees and it is the supreme mtrika of all those available ones. Raghavendra was born in bhuvanagiri in Tamil nadu. To reach mantralayalam, either catch a train from chennai and reach at 'Mantraalayam road ' station. You have to book the ticket much in advance to go there. Else visit bangalore and from there 4 or 5 trains daily available to reach that place.

If you want to visit Rayaru temple in Triplicane, chennai, See the below modes of transport.

By Train:
    If you reach chennai by train, then get down at 'Central' station (the last stopping). From 'Central' station to 'Triplicane', it hardly takes 15-20 minutes journey by autorikshaw. The parthasarathy (Lord vishnu) temple is very famous there in Triplicane and the 'Sri Raghavendra swami temple' is just 5-10 min walkable distance. Hence inform the auto driver to go to Parthasarathy temple and from there anyone on the road can easily guide you to the temple.

By Bus:
    If you reach chennai by bus, then get down at 'Coyaambedu' bus stand (last stopping). Catch a local bus from there to reach triplicane bus stand. From there it would take just 15-20 min walkable distance only to reach Rayaru temple or Parthasarathy temple.

NOTE: Both the temples would be kept open in the morning till 11:30 am (I hope) and after 4 pm to 8 pm in the evening. Hence make sure you reach the temples on time.

By Air:
    If you reach chennai by plane to Meenambaakam airport, from there to reach Triplicane, either go by electric train to reach local places or better catch some taxi as the triplicane is too far from the airport. I am not very sure of the root from the airport.
    NOTE: As you asked where the west tamabaram is, From the Airport to West tambaram, the distance is very less (may be 30 min only) when compared to other locations. Lots of local buses available to reach west tambaram. Because most of the buses going to west tambaram going via Meenambaakam airport.

I am leaving for Mantralyaam tonight and will be back on Thursday to Bangalore. Besides this, If I come to know about the mutt details in w.tambaram, I will surely know as Rayaru knows when you have to come to His mritka to get His blessings. So no worries and be happy.

cheers
    Sairam

7. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear brother Krishna,

Sure, I will definitely do it not just for you but for all those who want to get the blessings of Sri Raghavendra swamigal and get rid of all their problems in their life and hence I decided to create a separate post to explain about how to perform pooja in a step by step ways. As I am leaving for Mantralaayam tonight, I will be back on Thursday this week and start writing the post at the earliest and inform you too.

'Jaya Jaya Raghavendra Jaya Guru Raghavendra'

cheeres
    Sairam

8. BlrRaghavendra

Dear Sairam sir,

Thank you so much

Have a blissful trip to Mantraalayaa - Very nice to hear that. May Guru Sri Raghavendraswami bless you & your family, abundantly

Thank you
    Krishna

9. BlrRaghavendra

Sairam sir: Clear and lucid details

Dear Kavitha mam,

I am not very sure of the total number of Guru Sri Raghavendrawami mutts at Chennai. I would want share some details regards one mutt

Guru Sri Raghavendra swami Mutt
    Landmarks:
    Close to GN Chetty Road, Poet Kannadasan Statue

When you are in Chennai, going to this mutt should be very easy

Thank you
    Krishna

10. Aarthibhuvan

Aarthibhuvan Senior IL'ite

Dear Sriram,

Please send us the procedure for Sri Raghavendra pooja . i am very much interested in doing it.

regards,
    Aarthi