Sri Maha Pratyangira Devi

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by mkranjani, Feb 4, 2011.

1. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%"><TR vAlign=top>

<CENTER>
    </CENTER><CENTER>[​IMG]<!--end image_1-->
    [FONT=tahoma, arial, helvetica]<CENTER>Sri Maha Pratyangira Devi </CENTER>[/FONT]</CENTER>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width="90%"><TR vAlign=top><!--begin text_8-->Sri Maha Pratyangira Devi is a powerful Devi who is said to have destroyed Sarabheswara's arrogance. Sarabheswara is a ugra avatar of Siva. She is also known as Narasimhika [ in Kalisahasranama Stotram] : She who is the Ferocious Half Human Half Lion of Courage. It is said that when Narashimhika shake her Lion's Mane, she throws the stars into disarray. She is enveloped as bliss in the letter "Ksham".

Sri Pratyangira Devi is also associated with Sri Cakra. She is considered to be a powerful repellent of the influences generated by witch-craft. In Sri Cakra worship, she protects the devotees against all odds and guides him/her along the right path.

In some image she is shown as dark complexion, terrible in aspect, having a lion's face with reddened eyes and riding a lion, entirely nude or wearing black garments, she wears garland of human skulls; her hair strands on end, and she holds a trident, a serpent in the form of a noose, a hand-drum and a skull in her four hands. She is also associates with Bhairava, and she has a variant form viz Atharvana-Bhadra-Kali.

PLS SHARE SOMETHING ABOUT THE WAY OF WORSHIP AND VIRADHAMS AND SLOGANS FOR PRATHIYANGARA DEVI...

2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the info abt my MOTHER.if u really want to do pooja u can chant prathyangira gayathri.or if u live in chennai u can go to skandashram.There SHE is very powerful.according to me,SHE dont need any vrathams or pooja.just surrendering to her.u r thoughts and mind set is very important.very pure and love filled soul is more than enough for my MOTHER.And if u r able to do annadhanam for the poor people,then nothing equals any kind of pooja or vrathams.this is according to my experience.

3. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Once we went to Pratyangara Devi temple nearby Tambaram (or selaiyur dont know the exact location). She was so beautiful.. The alangaaram made to her was too divine and her eyes were so powerful.. Thanks Ranjani, by starting this thread you made me to remember her again and I wish to go to that temple.

4. shivagami

shivagami Bronze IL'ite

i am having prathyangira mathas photo in my pooja room.....but not doing any neivedhyams....its that good??????//

5. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

shivagami,

Are you offering proper poojas to Pratyangira Devi to begin with? In the first member's post, you can see how Ugram she is. Any naivedyam is ok including raisins/fruits. On special days for Devi, Tuesdays/Fridays/Amavasai and Pournami, you can offer milk payasam or even curd rice.