sri lanka

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by elenna, Mar 20, 2010.

1. elenna

elenna New IL'ite

hi , i will go to sri lanka this summer and i want to know if they have big centers commercials and where can i find ?? have you some adress ?

and do you know if i can buy herbal product for exemple lotus , Shahnaz Husain ... ?

Thanks

Elenna

2. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi

I have been to SL a couple of times before and my last visit to that country was in early March 2010 (Yes, I've just returned a couple of days before)

They have big commercial centres in the capital (Colombo), namely MC (Majestic City), Liberty Plaza, Unity Plaza, etc... And some smaller malls in Kandy, Galle and other districts.

They have nice dressing cornors for casual dresses like jeans/T shirts and pants in Colombo and all over the main cities... My favourite centers were House of fashions, ODEL, fashion bug and NO Limit (its branches like 'Pallu' and 'Glits' for fashion saree shoping). Its really cheap and you have lots of selections.

For sarees and indian type of dressings you need to go for different shops like Pothy's and Jeyachandran. But I wouldn't advice you to go for it, as it is much expensive than India.

For herbal shoping... I would advice you to explore the deep ancient places of SL rather than spending too much time in the capital.

There are so many nice 5 star hotels in the tourist places like Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Habarana (Center of SL) and Galle, hikaduwa, matara (down south of SL) and Negambo area 1 hr from Colombo (the most beautiful coastel resorts).

If you are interested in site seeing or visiting ancient places, I would advice you to visit Dambulla, Sigiriya and Habarana... Where my favourite hotels are Kandalama (the glass hotel) or the lodge Habarana (5 stars). They will serve you nice foods, spa, herbal products for sale... and info about souvenir shopping/herbal shoping.

The central place (Nuwara elia) will become so rush during summar, and it will be too crowdy and expensive during this season. But its worth going to see the beautiful mountains, rivers, and flowers all over. Also you can buy tea related products and fresh veggies there.

If you are interested in coastel beaches... I would advice you to visit down south... Its famous for sea foods and beaches.

3. elenna

elenna New IL'ite

Thanks to answer me and for your advice :):thumbsup