1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sri Guruvayoorappan and Swami Ayyappan

Discussion in 'TV' started by manjumnair, Sep 28, 2007.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Any opinion about Sri Guruvayoorappan in Surya TV? It was started two weeks back....at 9.30 pm..... I liked its initial part, but now it is a mixture of many stories related to Lord Krishna... Now showing the initial days of Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiri....

This serial is brought in by Surya as a competition to Swami Ayyappan in Asianet, also at 9.30 pm, Monday-Friday.... Swami Ayyappan was really good in the beginning... But now they are dragging the serial, because it has great popularity. I have read in some magazine asking the viewers for any incidents which should be included in the serial, since 'Mandalam' is coming.... Swami Ayyappan is going to be 1 year old when this Mandala vritham starts....

2. presci

presci Senior IL'ite

Dear Manju,
    If they show the true story, serial will be over in fe expisodes. But to gain popularity, they are including stories, this might bright the viewership don. I used to watch ayyappan regularly, but when i found them deviating from the story, i slowly reduced.
    But the doing the role of swamy ayyappan is to be appreciated al lot. Only now i know thru you that guruvayoorappan serial is going on. But before guruvayoorappan they were telecasting chotanikkaramma, i dont know what happned to that.
    Bye
    Presci

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Presci,

Chottanikkara Amma couldn't attract a lot of viewers I think... So they have rearranged its position. Now it will be shown only on Saturdays and Sundays at 10 pm, I think. In that lot, they started Guruvayoorappan... Let's see how far it goes...

Yes Presci, Kaushik Babu is doing the role of swamy ayyappan, very well.... I like his performance...:2thumbsup:

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Just now I found this thread. I was on the look out for the Asianet's guruvayoorappan serial 's title song sung by Sujatha. I was trying to Google, I came here to this thread.

Have you heard the song? It is a very nice melody.
    I watch Aiyappan almost regularly with my hubby, only after that we go to sleep. This serial has done one good, did you notice ? In S India, there has been a rush in the pilgrims going to Sabarimala this year.

People from Karnataka and Andhra are the most I believe and from 17th November when the temple opened for mandalam it has been full .

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Swami Ayyappan is good. They are dragging it, but syill very watchable. About Kaushik Babu- I heard an interesting anecdote. When Maryland wanted to shoot this serial, they got an ancient picture of Swami Ayyappan, an old print. They wanted a boy who would resemble the Swami Ayyappan on this picture. So, apparently they advertised that picture and asked boys with identical features to apply for the role. This is how Kaushik Babu was chosen. i dont know if this incident is true, but I feel Kaushik looks very much like the real Sabari maamala vazhum Ayyappan, Manikantaswami.

Guruvayoorappan is very average.

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Latha and Vidya,

Yes, this time there is a heavy rush in Sabarimala... Heard in the news that there is about 21 hours of queue to reach Sannidhanam...I think they are going to end the serial with in a short time... Now it is Manikandan going for Tigress milk...So the next will be 'Mahishi vadham'...

Sri Krishna Leela in Asianet is OK... Also Guruvayoorappan is Soorya is also average... Now Soorya TV has started 'Ayyappanum Vavarum' at 7 pm...but i feel it does not come any where near Swami Ayyappan... That is a serial which i watch regularly...

Even I heard news that Kaushik Babu is getting a divine image among the people..he was the centre of attraction when he visited Sabarimala..

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

What i heard about Kaushik babu ad his selection is this. This is from a malayalam magazine.

The director could collect and select all the other artists but he could not find one for Ayyappan. He went searching. Once while he was travelling in Chennai, he saw a photograph of a telugu boy in a paper stand , with the type of eyes he wanted for the role.
    He met the boy and asked him. The boy till then had not even heard of Ayyappan.
    He came to kerala and he says by the grace of Ayyappan, he could learn malayalam in a very short time and also show lip movements correctly .
    He has been to sabarimala twice by now.
    This time when he went there , every one fell at his feet I believe at the temple.
    Incidentally Devan, Kaushik Babu and Nandu (chakrapani , in the serial) went together.

8. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Manju,

I can tell you one thing. Asia net is far far better than Surya. The colours are very dark and flashy at surya. I don't know if you have noticed. Even in the serials and other programs there are a bit gaudy and it hurts the eyes.

That's typical SUN TV only.

I also like and watch Sri Krishna leela. I was searching for that song which Sujatha had sung " Guruvayoor puradeeswara Karunamaya Krishna "

Does anyone know where I can get it?

9. bharath

bharath New IL'ite

plz some tell me where i can download all the episode of sri guruvayurappan serial.