Sri Gnanananda Giri Swamigal and Sri Haridoss Giri

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Vandhana, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hello Members,

This is a Disclaimer message. The original thread about the two Gurus - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/about-saints-and-spirituality/4812-guruji-and-me.html, in which many of you had participated is no longer active. I am instead starting this new thread for those devotees , who wish to discuss the life and times of both Sri Gnananda Swamigal and Sri Haridoss Giri here.
    I have copied most of the posts from that thread here and hopefully no information has been lost.

Please do go through this thread and let me know
    Thanks

Vandhana

The Starter post in the original thread is given below:

It was in 2003 September when I moved in as a P.G in a house in London owned by Mrs. Rani Kananayagam, I came to know about Swami Haridos Giri. Listening to his songs and pravachans lased with humour, I became an instant admirer of him. I was saddened to hear that he had attained jala samadhi in 1994. Swami Haridos Giri has many followers in Malaysia, Singapore, Srilanka, London and other parts of the world too. He inspired me to write songs, some of which I am giving below. These songs have come from my heart spontaneously and I could set tunes as well. I used to sing them during weekly bhajans in the house.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
    CoolPie likes this.

2. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

Re: Guruji and Me

I Agree Guruji Has A Wonderful Voice. I Had The Pleasure Of Knowing Him And His Guru Gnananada Swmaiji.swami Haridas Stayed In My Place In The 1970s And I Used To Attend All His Discourses. Radhe Krishna----his Songs On Krishna Are Still Lovely To Hear.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

So nice to see..

My mom & her entire family are fond of his bhajans and my mom, when she was staying in thapovanam where Haridos Giri Swamigal would visit or stay as he was a great devotee of Sri Gnanananda. My mom would tell lots and lots of stories about them. Today, here, reading yrs' experiences!!!!

Thanks, guys..

4. jayanthikrishnan

yes AMI i can imagine all the stories. I MET gNANADA SWAMIJI IN 1969 and had the pleasure and gift to stay in thapovanam and be with him.Then i met SWAMI HARIDAS IN 1978 IN KUALA LUMPUR where i attended all his lectures and somgs. For your onfo there is a get togather on Gnanda SWMIJI on pournami and also a Harae Krishna center,

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Can you detail me more abt the get together on swamiji??

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Members,

The following Word Doc contains some anecdotes about the swamiji written by one of our members, that i was not able to copy over to this thread.

Please note that the tamil font in the word doc is garbled. I cannot rectify it at this time.Please bear with me.

Thanks
    Vandhana

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  7. jayanthikrishnan

it is so nice to know that so many rmember swamiji. I met gnananda swamiji when i just sat for my p.u.c. and as was leaving tapovanam he told that my results would be there and hat i have got good marks and will go into college . his age hen was over 100 and he looked so fit, walked so fast and had the most enviable baby sooth skin with not a wrinkle. he lived a true life of a swmiji where he ate simple little food once a day and in a room with no light.BUT his vision was very very good.it was nice to hear stories from him and get laddus that are hung in a bsaket in his room. sweet memories.

CoolPie likes this.
  8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Actually, my mom was staying there in thapovanm when she was pregnant with me and hence, she asked Him to name me and He named me too which is my gift or what to say!!!

So, my mom would share lots of stories as she had months and months of experiences and my entire family, they all use to subscribe for Gnana oli every month. Even now, whenever go out(any of us), use to keep His photo with us as my mom strongly believes that He will bring us safely to home, isnt it??

Before conclude this, thanks for sharing yr experience and pls do share more, if any. It is really nice to know abt Him a lot. FYI, i am forwarding all yr msgs to my cousin too!!

Rgds.

9. jayanthikrishnan

AMI thanks.infact he was my moms guru in her last birth and thats how she met him by chance. he told her if anything is to happen i will make you know before hand . it is true she has this premonitions. here on pournami days the followers meet in the temple and sing bajans and some times some one who knows him well will be invited to talk .

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Very nice story to read and of course, about His Great powers too. Actually, this song, my mom would sing very often and did not realize the meaning until read yr msg(!) and have this book of Swamikal where the songs , the people use to sing in Thapovanam like navinikka manaminikka, naanmuhan navinil, aganidhadara etc.

My mom would sing all Swamigal songs during navarathiri and she never keeps golu at my parent's place. Still, she considers Swamikal as a Ambal and do pooja, songs, neivedhyam just like they use to do in Thapovanam!!!

Thanks.