1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Squirrel menace

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by shreyashreyas, Feb 27, 2010.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

There is a squirrel which comes into our house. I couldnot find out from where. Which is creating a havoc in my place. We bought a new wall unit, the squirril has already bit off wood from the stand and is still doing the same. We are worried. All the tupperwear boxes that i had in the kitchen started having the bite marks on the lid.

I dont know how to prevent squirrel from entering the premises. Can you help me. I found its nest in the Electricity Meter Board and threw it away. But even then its coming and biting the wood and plastic in the house. All my kids stuffed toys are gone... what to do?? please help

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Oh Sandhya!

I wanted to pacify u saying u r blessed by Rama / Anjaneya that squirrel is visiting u every day. But so sorry it is creating problems.

I too dont c any way to stop this menace so anxiously waiting to c what the fbs say.

But surely the twin kids must be enjoying the squirrel right?

I like the bonding and affection - the feeling they have towards each other as can be observed from the remarks u made in A- Z thread.

Ummah to both of them.

3. shreyashreyas

soldier, they both are more afraid of squirrel. Whenever it tries to come into the house they both scream and run and the squirrel runs out. but during midnight we hear the noise and see that it is munching the wood.

4. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sandhya,
    Check up whether it is squirrel of rat which is causing the menace because rat do bit up the wood and plastic.
    Shanta

5. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Sandhya,

I understand the problem at hand.

Unlike a rat, squirrels are Ok. But if they mess with your belongings then a way needs to be found to keep them away.

There is an electronic device which emits frequencies that are not liked by these pests and they keep away.

These frequencies do not disturb us.

Try getting one and see how it works.

6. shreyashreyas

Shantha we were not sure whether it is a rat but tried all rat kill techniques, still could not find it. later we saw squirrel's nest in our verandah.

Nats, surely will try that. Its already very late have to do it today itself.... Just noticed that you have completed 1000 posts congrats

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  7. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sandhya,
    Buy a metal rat trapper which is now available in shops. Use fresh coconut piece or a vada piece with onion and keep the pin in tip so that the door shuts as soon as the rat eats the food and traps it inside.
    Regards
    Shanta

8. shreyashreyas

yes shantha, keeping coconut piece every day. but i think the rat is very smart....

9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I also facing the same problem. Pls tell any remedy ASAP

10. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Hi friend try to feed the squirrel keep some foods outside and keep a wooden small box or cage.feed fruits nuts outside of the house