1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sprouted Ragi flour

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ishvickey30, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ishvickey30

ishvickey30 Senior IL'ite

hi.

my DD is 7 mnth old now... i want to give her ragi but i dont know hw to cook & made recipe from Ragi...I hv seen sprouted Ragi flour in Sujana super store, hyd... so can anyone tell me hw i can give tht to my LO... i m a north indian so i dont know anything abt this...plz help me...

thankssss
    ish

2. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ish,

Mix it with water or milk and boil it to the consistency of semi liquid. add sugar or salt. add Ajwain very little for easy digestion.

forgot to mention:
    sieve the flour in white cloth before adding water.

3. SSNmom

SSNmom Bronze IL'ite

Hi ishvickey30,

Giving ragi flour for 7month old child is very good. It is a very good source of calcium. Soon your DD will start wallking and need good strength for legs. i used to give by below method.
    Take one teaspoon of ragi flour in a clean white cotton cloth. then take one 200 ml of pure water in a boiling pan.
    Add ragi flour in the cloth and hold it like a small bundle. Now slowly rinse that cloth in the pure water so that the ragi flour inside the cloth gets dissolved in water. the impurities in flour will get inside the cloth and you will get a clean solution with ragi flour dissolved.

Now heat the water till it boils well. Ragi flour should be cooked very well before consuming. Let it Cool and add salt. This will be filling for the child too like vegetable soup.

Regards,
    SSNmom

4. ishvickey30

ishvickey30 Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot SSNmom, Priesh.. i will try this now....

thanks
    ish