1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spread the Sunshine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by honeybee, Jun 12, 2012.

1. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Finest Blog - Third Weekly Pick of June 2012

The other day my DH wanted some information and was not sure where to look for it.He was frantically searching all the books in the shelf. I had just returned from an enjoyable morning stroll,when I asked him what he wanted,he told me and I promptly mentioned the name of the book from which he could get the details.He casually remarked.."Your brain has received it's fair quota of oxygen for the day,you are alert".

This statement left me thinking...A fresh breath of pure air rejuvenates the body,mind and soul,helps you to think with clarity,similarly is there a human quality which refreshes ,infuses enthusiasm in a person?After some thought the answer was clear.. it is Appreciation.

A fine quality which is slowly making an exit from mankind.In the fast paced life we are pressed for time to stop for a moment to enjoy the beauty of nature, chirping birds,blooming buds and so also to appreciate the good things which people do for us. Is it because we take our well wishers for granted? An occasional heartfelt praise can work wonders.When we enjoy good food,relishing every bite of it, what stops us from appreciating the person who has cooked the dish with love and involvement?How about praising the maid servant if she does a good job without complaining?

Appreciation can work wonders in building and strengthening relationships and at work can motivate the team members to bring out their best.Lack of motivation has been the root cause for several misunderstandings..

We are ever ready to appreciate children and encourage them but why do we apply a special rule to adults? It's our EGO which prevents us from voicing our appreciation though the heart is filled with appreciation.It's a commonly quoted misnomer "When you appreciate somebody they become overconfident!" Why think about what may happen later?Today you are happy,so express your thoughts.

Genuine appreciation has its charm,lights up the day for the person who receives it,but false appreciation or flattery to gain personal favours needs to be nipped off in the bud.Do we shy away from appreciating a deserving person because we have never been praised in the past by that person?Some people shower compliments on you long after a good deed has been done and almost forgotten.Why later and not then and there?
    IF we do a good deed let us not expect or wait for others to praise us... We have done it because it makes us happy.Let us not restict ourselves from appreciating good things where needed. Let's appreciate ourselves when we truly deserve it, we are the best judges when it comes to self appraisal.

Heartfelt praise makes the day bright and beautiful. Timely appreciation is a tonic,spreads good will.Let's spread the sunshine and make people smile.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thats a fantastic post Honeybee. With lovely images as well. Enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing. -rgs

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi rgs
    Thanks a lot for your lightning speed comment.
    Images... I wanted to attach one and managed a duplicate too in the process.:bonk
    Yet to master the art of manging attachments!LOL

regards
    honeybee

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I rarely went to that extent myself, as I can only write one page at a time [self imposed limitation], HoneyBee. But will be happy to learn it some day! -rgs

5. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

True. Often such vital things in our life could not be bought with money. It can be possessed and shared as much as we wish to others and fill others life with richness.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Honeybee,

What a wonderful blog this is. What you suggested should be considered as a lesson in any "Way of Living" lessons conducted anywhere in the world. While praising in a gathering takes different approach with an intend to introduce a person, the appreciation happens in a private settings. It should be done when an action results in an useful purpose. This also helps us to develop good thoughts of gratitude expressed in words. We need to do things to others what we expect others to do to us.

Viswa

7. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Inner bliss
    Thanks for gracing my blog.:)
    How true.. your words are perfect.
    I believe in the fact that small appreciative gestures add colour to life.
    This blog is dedicated to my mom who always encourages me to appreciate each and everyone making a difference to our lives.
    regards
    honeybee

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir
    Thanks a lot for your appreciation.Honestly I was waiting to see your views on the subject.As always a rocking comment.:thumbsup
    Chinna chinna santhoshangal..
    I never miss an opportunity to give it tosomebody when what they do appeals to me.

thanks& regards
    Honeybee

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi honeybee,

loved these lines
    "Let's appreciate ourselves when we truly deserve it, we are the best judges when it comes to self appraisal.

Heartfelt praise makes the day bright and beautiful. Timely appreciation is a tonic,spreads good will.Let's spread the sunshine and make people smile."

Fantastic dear!!

Akila

10. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Excellent post honeybee. Congratualtions on winning the Finest blog award. Keep it going girl :)