1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spouse & I With Dad - A Surgical Operation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jul 26, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Very emotional one!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:madam sister,
    my pranams to you . Trust your back pain is under control or cured completely .
    2. Thanks for reading and appreciating.
    3. Your feedback gives learning a great deal of predicaments with incidents happening in most unusual places creating dharmasangats and how it was faced and the rituals associated with it were carried balancing the moment and events well.
    Regards.
    GOD BLESS US all always .

3. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you Madam Sister.

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Just to clarify Mr. Thyagarajan - I am a young parent, though my post count shows a big number. But then it took 7 years and more to get there, is a point. While you are far more senior, experienced more and hence matured more enough, I am just a learner here. Thanks for your overwhelming response too. -rgs

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan,

Imagine my plight - a lady of 70 years, having to take care of a 87 year old dementia patient, my mother, who refuses to take food, blabbers day in and ay out, soils her clothes, with absolutely no medical miracle, seem to work on her. Attenders just come in and are out the very next day- each day is a challenge to my mental faculties.
    kudos to both you and your BH for handling the situation with such grace, love and affection. No words can match your dedication.
    Agatha83,

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Agatha,

How difficult it must be for you to manage single handedly. God Bless you.
    Please post an article here on how you manage on a long-term basis and how do you motivate yourself, it will be helpful to all.

While we all appreciated how Thyagarajan Sir and his wife managed their elderly parents, I shuddered thinking how hard it must have been for them to manage a centinarian father at home and a hospitalised mother, at the same time. My salutations to you all who have and are managing things so well with devotion and commitment. We have a lot to learn from you.

HazelPup likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

@Agatha83 & @GeetaKashyap :hello::hello::hello:if I say that it would be of great volume of ithihas, if one attempts to write of the ordeals that an aged couple has to endure managing their aged parents that too with scores of ailments.
    2. One might become VEDA VYSA to seek succour of wold’s First Stenographer - Lord Ganesha to break the other Horn too to write down ....perhaps digitally!
    Yes I am.
    2. It would be challenging every minute of our wakeful and sleeping hours as well. Day is passable but middle of vee hours the smell used to wake us up you won’t have enough time to bring the bed pan to position in time and the work of cleaning changing the clothes sheets etc would expand, sapping your little left energy especially when you are on the wrong side of sixties or more. You keep alarm to feed to make her swallow the right medicine or tab, ...to keep stock of it... ready to face emergencies....ensure phones functional mobiles charged...surrounding environs clean hygiene....et al.
    3. Madam sister, unless one have strong bond or love I mean or affection, it would be tremendous a task to look after the fragile seniors by ageing elders. Even I had seen money would not fetch you satisfactory service.
    4. The great relief is that God has bestowed you sister, with strength both mental and physical to tend to your beloved mother despite your own minor and or major ailments. I salute stiff all such sisters and I pray the Almighty to keep you stronger by day and night for long.
    With best wishes

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    HazelPup and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:@GeetaKashyap
    I trust you had read the edited FB A COUPLE OF MINUTES ago before tapping Like option.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello: Sir, you had begun with your passion of writing about vagaries of life and emotion much earlier perhaps even before you began your parenthood.
    2. you are a very senior writer and a keen observant of life from a distance and have dispassionate views about it whereas I could develop my passion to write long after my superannuation in 1998.
    3. It is said sometimes one’s gurus could be quite young and began teaching young and old and others - life science skills - and such young guru or gurus always been or being held in reverence.
    4. I think I have made my point Sir.
    Thanks for all what you stated here.
    With regards
    God grant Godspeed in our earnest endeavour.

rgsrinivasan and messedup like this.
  10. Thyagarajan