spotting and periods questions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by saindhavi, Jan 10, 2009.

1. saindhavi

saindhavi New IL'ite

Spotting between periods

Hi All,
    Im really confused. Im 29 yrs old. Planning for a baby. I had a laproscopic surgery to remove a endometic cyst last feburary. My periods were quite normal( 29-32 days). For the past 2 months i have spotting around 12th day( brown blood). I dont have pain. Im really worried. Does this affect my conception. I do have low back pain at times. Waiting for your replies. Thanks in advance

2. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Re: Spotting between periods

HI
    EVEN I HAD THE laproscopic surgery 2 MONTHS BEFORE.FROM WHAT I HEARD,THERE ARE CHANCES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF ENDRO AGAIN IN A YEAR...SO MY SUGGESSION IS ITS BETTER TO CHECK WITH THE DOCTOR AGAIN....

3. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

hey ,

i had laprosocy also for the dermoid cyst to be removed , bt i did have spotting also as u said, and for worst i dont expect and i have periods for 20 days etc , best thing contact the doc , and you need to get this orted, since the doc will prescibe you a ovualtion tab i suppose like they did to me , seems to be okie now touch wood

4. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Even Iam having my periods around 20 to 25 days.I had my lap on dec 08.Do you say your cycle has set after taking the medicine?Please let me know in detail.I couldnt get understand from your reply...........

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  5. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

i meant to say after the lap also i didnt have my periods seet ! its worst now, i have an appnt wth the hamad hospital now to get this checked !

6. sharmitha

sharmitha New IL'ite

Plz suggest - is this my periods?

hi,

Im sharmitha...
    Trying to get concive.......

i've my periods on 29th of oct (5 days delay from my periods date). usually i will 've 3-5 days of bleeding but this time i had only 2 days and got stopped in 3rd dayitself.
    after that i got bleeding in 5th day (that too while im passing urine alone).
    Today is my 7th day (4th nov)i feel little crapping in my abdomant (left side)...
    Additionally i have vomiting sensation......

im really confused.......... its not happened before... plz advice...

Thanks in advance
    Sharmi

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

re: Plz suggest - is this my periods?

HI Sharmi,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.. You can find our forum guidelines here....

If you had good bleeding on those 2 days, then it has to be your periods.
    If you are more worried on your condition, counsult a gynec soon...
    Baby dust to you...

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

re: Plz suggest - is this my periods?

Sharmitha,

For many women, mensturation symptoms are as similar to the symptoms they may have around ovulation or pregnancy.

SInce you have had your periods just few days back, it must be some residual blood. Nausea is sometimes associated with periods.. it all gets erratic when you get stressed.

Wait for a few more days and check with your gynecologist. Sometimes, it could be related to the stomach too.

If you have spotting on and off, you need to fix an appointment with your doctor soon.

9. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi Beautiful ladies out there I got few questions generally

1. What does spotting means ? Is like heavy bleeding or not ?
    2. Since i have unprotected love my periods like every where usually iam regular 28 days my last period was sep 28th i have my period only nov 10th 2009 way out of pattern . I checked with doctor last week my pregnancy test came negative ... iam worried so much now .. please advise so :drowning

10. anishka

anishka New IL'ite

Sometimes you skip or have very very mild period..due to stress you would not have ovulated or it could be indication for pcos..check your harmones to confirm if its pcos

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009