1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Spots on Marble Flooring!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by AnithaA, Mar 1, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

We have marble flooring in our house. The problem is this - whenever the floor is mopped, it leaves spots after drying. This makes the floor dull. My maid mops the floor with a little of lizol. We spent a lot of time choosing our marble and I feel bad now to see the floor! There are some water patches in the corners and the floor also looks dull! Any suggestions to bring back the shine in my marble flooring? Also please suggest what I should do to ensure that there are no spots on the floor after mopping.

Regards,
    Anitha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi anithA,

lizol is the culprit. you can use only mild detergent for mopping marble. marble tends to get these patches.you can get professional acid wash, to regain the lustre..

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hope this helps:)
    Wipe down marble surfaces with a damp rag and buff dry with a chamois for routine weekly cleaning.

Use a neutral, non abrasive cleaner (such as acetone, hydrogen peroxide or clear ammonia) for tough stains.
    Apply the cleaner with a cloth and buff dry.
    After cleaning, polish marble surfaces using a marble polish containing tin oxide.
    Protect marble floors with a stone sealer, and use standard non abrasive floor cleaners to clean them.
    Place coasters under glasses and put plastic under cosmetics on marble surfaces. Use rugs to cover marble floors.
    Refer scratches of any depth to a professional.

In my experience the people who bought it from can also help with cleaning care and solutions :)

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will stop using lizol immediately! I cannot get professional help just now as it will take up a lot of time that I do not have. Can you suggest some self-remedy?

Regards,
    Anitha

5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. But I do not know where I can get chamois in Chennai! Does anybody know?

Regards,
    Anitha